William King Koa Soprano <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

marymac

Reaction score
Hi UUers,

I'm selling the William King koa soprano I bought last month on FMM. This is in the Nunes style that King uses for all of his sopranos (that I've seen). I find I'm only playing my concert ukes so I'm selling off my sopranos (except the Koaloha!) Here are the details:

• All solid curly koa
  • Ebony binding, bridge, fingerboard, and peghead
  • Peghead tuners
  • Satin finish
  • Ship anywhere
  • Includes nice Oahu case

Let me know if you have any questions - thanks!
- Mary

Attachments

• king_soprano_front.jpg
    king_soprano_front.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 139
  • king_soprano_heel.jpg
    king_soprano_heel.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 93
  • king_soprano_bottom.jpg
    king_soprano_bottom.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 72
  • king_soprano_top.jpg
    king_soprano_top.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Photos of back

Here are the photos of the back of the soprano and the case.

Attachments

• king_soprano_case.jpg
    king_soprano_case.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 55
  • king_soprano_back_lg.jpg
    king_soprano_back_lg.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 55
  • king_soprano_back.jpg
    king_soprano_back.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Do you mean how they sounds or how they feel in your hands? All three ukes are so different! I think the King sounds closer to the Koaloha than the Kamaka. The Kamaka has a pretty mellow sound while the KoAloha and the King sound more woody and Hawaiian. In spite of it's small size (smaller lower bout than the KoAloha) I think the King is louder.

Ahh ok. It is a beautiful instrument. I have always wondered about William King's ukuleles. I seem to hear good things about them. If you want to tell me, is there reason why you have decided to sell it after you bought it a month ago?

In truth I'm still trying out different woods and sizes. Being the person I am, and in the throes of UAS, I bought several ukes in a short period of time to try them out and find what my hands and my ears like best. I'm still in that process in fact! So far I've found that the soprano size is just too small for me to play comfortably - I much prefer the concert size. So I'm selling off my sopranos to get more concerts :)

That makes sense. UAS gets to us all. I'm finding that I prefer concert and soprano over tenor and baritone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom