Amplitude

I haven't tried iRig yet but I have used Amplitube in the past. IMHO, it's the best amp sim going. I can't imagine the iRig being any different!

I haven't tried iRig yet but I have used Amplitube in the past. IMHO, it's the best amp sim going. I can't imagine the iRig being any different!

So, I have an iRig & an iPhone & have played w/the combination w/a Mainland Honeybee. It works great! There is now a new version of Amplitude for iPhone & iPad that has added a recording function which was badly needed. For Uke, straight-through w/o effects is more pleasing to me personally, but still it is a good tool.

As an FYI, there are other similar physical plug-ins for the iPhone/iPad world & the iRig works with them as well. I like the AMPKit from Peavy that records both a "clean" (w/o effects) copy & a "dirty (w/effects)" copy. They have a somewhat clunkier hardware device.

iRig also works w/the free & for-cost FourTrack app that would let you record multiple tracks. You can also output to either a "real" amp or Line-in to a PC or MAC to do other editing.

I sent my son one he loves it & another friend from college who is a professional musician & neuro-surgeon(!) absolutley swears by the iRig.

Last edited:
It is so on my Christmas list. Come on, Santa, come through! I saw it today at Guitar Center and wanted to buy it so badly. Thanks for the video. :)

Just ordered one, looks cool

Top Bottom