Favorite song featuring the ukulele, whole song or solo part.

808boy

Reaction score
Aloha bruddahs and sistas.. Was wondering what song with ukulele in it whether it be all ukulele or just a solo part grabs you and takes you to a different place? For me it's Moe Keala's Part of me. The solo to me is so deep and pure. Almost magical.

Howzit Bobo Aka Burt,
Moe Keala is awesome.....do you mean Hawaiian songs in general or local island songs too....MM Stan...

A little bit about Uncle Moe Keale (December 3, 1939 - April 15, 2002); Hawaiian entertainer and virtuoso ukulele player, played with Eddie Kamae and The Sons of Hawai'i, best known for "Aloha Is ... A Part of Me, a Part of You," for which he won a Na Hoku Hanohano Award in 1987, played the role of Truck Kealoha on Hawaii 5-0. I couldn't find a lyrical version of the mele I mentioned, however this one is a beautiful instrumental rendition. As with all da entertainers before you, your mana will always be with us. God Bless, Ahnko Moe!

Howz'it Brah, Any kine song with the uke in it. Btw, my auntie lived in damon tract back in the early 50's. I was raised in Kalihi Valley Homes....now looks like Escape from New York with that perimeter fence and Guard Shacks...So sad to see, breaks my heart. ALOHA...BOBO..

Aloha Kanaka916, Mahalo for the tidbit on Uncle Moe. To be honest, I was'nt into island music when I lived there, came to Cali in Nov. of 67, wrong time of year....TOO COLD!! Many,many years later I hunger for island music. Just recently discovered Pure Heart thru a tape my nephew gave me. I have another nephew in Hawaii that played in Krush now in SOS LV. But they play mostly Haole songs.. Bobo..

Howz'it Brah, Any kine song with the uke in it. Btw, my auntie lived in damon tract back in the early 50's. I was raised in Kalihi Valley Homes....now looks like Escape from New York with that perimeter fence and Guard Shacks...So sad to see, breaks my heart. ALOHA...BOBO..
Howzit Braddah,
If you feel homesick, try "I miss you Hawaii" by Na Leo pilimihana.....da words get you brah..
And My favorite from the 60's by Braddah Walter...Sweet Lady of Waiahole
Both songs you can get the lyrics and chords from TropicalStrormhawaii....Have fun and enjoy...Happy strummings Brah!!
Oh Yeah..remember the fresh egg store in the 50 and 60's on Kam IV Road....Aloooha Braddah....A Hui Ho!!!

My favorite kind of changes from time to time. Right now I would say either Ukulolo (Burger) or Mach 4:

Ukulolo

Mach 4

Aloha Bruddah MM Stan, Yeah I remember the egg farm. My Mom used to buy brown? eggs which I refused to eat. 5min. from Waikiki eh? Learned to swim at Sand Suzie and the Natatorium, learned to Paipo board and body surf at the Waikiki Wall. Best days of my life. How about Uke Nights on the sand behind the hotels. Met a lot of vacationing Haole girls there. I played ukulele and sang alot. The tourist were quite impressed with us Local Boys entertaining and for free.

Love this one. Sweet sounds.

Aloha Bruddah Bobo,
Yup, those were da dayz.....hitting da beach with the uke.....and strumming a few chords, would always attract attention....especially all the girls..
I too used to paipo board at Walls, go to the nads, San Soucie....We'd walk along the beach from Sheraton to the nad...going fishin' there too...
Check out Tropical Storm Hawaii , Hawaiian music lyrics links, mele.com , huapala.org , nahe nahe.net ,mele.home.att.net , hawaii-music.com ,
geocities.com/~olelo/hula lyrics.html , square one.org/hapa-hapa haolesongs lyrics...Hawaiian songs ukulele tabs , Hawaiian-music.com
Polynesianmelehawncontemp.music , Hularecords.com, ...some of these may be outdated and closed. I don't use them no more..maybe occasionally..
Have fun and Enjoy!! Happy Strummings Brah!!! Stan..

Aloha Bruddah Stan, Gee Brah, everytime I read your post, I get more homesick. Sometimes I feel bad for my kids not growing up in the best place in the world. Probably not a good idea today eh? Sweet Lady of Waiahole? I sing it to my grandkids. Trying to teach them the Aloha Spirit. Mahalo for the info... BO

For me it is Herb Ohta Jr.'s version of "Europa." Though, oddly, I couldn't find a Youtube of him playing the version from his album, only a different version. The version I mean is actually in a Youtube video by Ryan Imamura (with a great performance but terrible audio and video quality) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYIzjSLkg-A

Top Bottom