Save me from socks!!!

hallelujahal

Reaction score
Hi, I've been playing uke for about 5 years now - but I only have two solo Uke CD's - both by the late John King. Does anyone have anymore CD suggestions for me? I'm interested in solo uke really, and I love the John King hawaian stuff etc. Any suggestions would be very welcome, as I can then pass a list around my family and it'll mean that I won't just be getting socks for Christmas :p

I'm in the UK - and there's not much available locally for some strange reason.
AL

Jake's "Live" album is very good. He's got a new one coming out, but it won't hit until Jan 4.

Check out Hawaiian Music Island's ukulele section for Hawaiian flavorred as well as contemporary and popular tunes.

One more thing. If you have an i-pod or mp3 player there are a lot of great solo pieces out there that you can buy singly. Check i-tunes, for example. An i-tunes gift card is the default gift in my family-sure beats socks!

Hey - thanks for all the helpful suggestions already! I shall browse the web this evening and check out the CDs you have mentioned. This is really very helpful for me as I know so little about what's out there ukemusic-wise.
Kind Regards
AL

Also, check for Gordon Mark.

He has at least 4 CDs available for purchase. Just a heads up, Natural Elegance has the most music and
is practically duplicated by Nohea I believe, so I'd suggest gettin NE instead of Nohea.

I believe you can hear samples of his tracks to see if you like his stylings.

Keep uke'in',

Hey Uncle Rod - just checked out Gordon Mark - he's definitely on my list! Lovely instrumentals.
Thanks for pointing in his direction.
AL

Also, check for Gordon Mark.

He has at least 4 CDs available for purchase. Just a heads up, Natural Elegance has the most music and
is practically duplicated by Nohea I believe, so I'd suggest gettin NE instead of Nohea.

I believe you can hear samples of his tracks to see if you like his stylings.

Keep uke'in',

Looks like Natural Elegance may not longer be available.

Top Bottom