Questions about ukulele construction and setup...

Pippin

Reaction score
The great people at KoAloha and I have put together a new idea for Ukulele Player Magazine... a Builder's Corner. There will be a Question & Answer section for readers to ask expert ukulele builders from KoAloha questions about ukulele construction and setup, differences in tone-woods, etc...

Well, We are giving Ukulele Underground an EXCLUSIVE in the online communities...

UU members can submit your questions to this e-mail address: uke-maker@tricornpublications.com

We will use these as a pool for the Q&A portion of the Builder's Corner. We will pick from the questions of UU participants to use in the magazine.

WHY give UU an exclusive on this? Because Ryan and the gang at UU, the MODS, and all participants, are like one big happy family of ukulele enthusiasts. There are lots of talented players and lots of eager newbies. This is a global audience with a common passion for music and ukulele in particular.

Regular readers can also submit questions and will, I am sure. So, if you have questions about tone-woods, like the differences between koa, spruce, mahogany, and mango, ask away. Want to know about setup, ask away. Want to know about how to properly tighten friction pegs, ask away.

Sounds like a great idea for the magazine Pippin. I'm sure that you will get some interesting questions. Are there going to be other builders involved along with the good folks at KoAloha?

Sounds like a great idea for the magazine Pippin. I'm sure that you will get some interesting questions. Are there going to be other builders involved along with the good folks at KoAloha?

Nope, this is strictly a KoAloha contribution. Not that we think other builders are unworthy. There are a lot of talented builders, but this is a feature that will take a little time and the custom-builders are spread thin enough already. We wanted to offer the readers and UU family a chance to ask some questions and get some expert answers. We look forward to what follows.

Aloha pippin, great add on for the mag.....probally give it a huge boost too...Thanks for sharing...MM Stan..

So where are questions supposed to be posted? Here in the thread? Email?

Tanks

This sounds great! I'm not a builder, but I've become an ukulele consumer, and I imagine that knowing a few things about the effects of the way an ukulele is built on the way it plays and sounds will be useful when it's time for me to commit to an expensive (or perhaps custom) ukulele. Mahalo!

This sounds great! I'm not a builder, but I've become an ukulele consumer, and I imagine that knowing a few things about the effects of the way an ukulele is built on the way it plays and sounds will be useful when it's time for me to commit to an expensive (or perhaps custom) ukulele. Mahalo!

The column is more for the player than the builder. We have had lots of people ask about the differences in tone-woods, for example, and how they influence sound. There are countless questions on setup, binding, tuners, etc... Many of these have been asked by people shopping for a new ukulele.

We have some questions from UU members, keep 'em coming. The questions with answers will be published in Ukulele Player if we pick your question.

Top Bottom