Special Four-Part Holiday Ukulele Workshop

mitchchang

Reaction score
For all the people who request ongoing group instruction after they've taken my beginner classes at El Camino College, Torrance Adult School and South Bay Adult School, I put together a 4-week workshop between Thanksgiving and Christmas that would focus on holiday tunes but be educational at the same time.

In the first part of each meeting, we'll make sure you got the songs down pat so you'll be able to:

1) Lead others in singing/playing
2) Hear the chord changes
3) Choose the right strumming style
4) Choose the right strumming pattern

Then we'll dress 'em up as self-contained solos that combine both harmony and melody. How do you do that? By understanding chord inversions and when to use them. I highly recommend picking up a copy of Roy Sakuma's Treasury of Ukulele Chords.

Location: 2120 W Artesia Blvd, Torrance (where Island Legends used to be, sign is still there)
Dates/time: Nov 27, Dec 4, Dec 11, Dec 18, 10am - 12pm
Cost: $77 for all 4 meetings - that's only 19 bucks per 2-hour class!

BONUS! In the holiday spirit of sharing...bring a friend, spouse, significant other, or fellow ukulele club member....for FREE!!!

Here's the link for more info and to sign up:
http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs036/1102037575574/archive/1103895230174.html

Hook up a friend out of the kindness of your heart or split the cost, I don't care! But space is limited so reserve your spot today. Thanks and see you there - it'll be fun!

Top Bottom