Should I get a friend to buy for me?

Noticed you're from Singapore...I have family in Singapore and will be visiting next April. I was planning on checking out Ukulele Movement while there as they have a nice selection of ukes including (according to their website) Mainland.

If she's going directly to Mainland then Mike will surely pick a good one out for you. Trust in Mike!

I doubt she's going directly to Mainland ): Ukulele Movement does have Mainlands, but with the currency changes, if she gets it direct in the US, it's nearly 50US$ cheaper than if I get it here, so I guess it would be a good deal? She's probably going to get herself a uke too I expect!

Noticed you're from Singapore...I have family in Singapore and will be visiting next April. I was planning on checking out Ukulele Movement while there as they have a nice selection of ukes including (according to their website) Mainland.

That sounds great ... I'm at Uke Movement most days, I teach some of the classes there ... would be great to meet up :) Are you bringing any of your ukes with you too? :D

Stephen

That sounds great ... I'm at Uke Movement most days, I teach some of the classes there ... would be great to meet up :) Are you bringing any of your ukes with you too? :D

Stephen

Whenever I travel I usually just bring my Makala Dolphin...small and tough. I did just buy a Kala Travel Soprano though so that will probably take the place of the Dolphin...same length and 1/2 the thickness.

I'm really hoping I can make it to Ukulele Movement...whenever I go there I'm totally at the mercy of my Singapore relatives...they usually have so much planned that it's hard to get away. I'll be there for 4 days and then on to Hawaii for 4 days. My days are so filled during my Singapore visits that I'll need the relaxation of Hawaii before I come back home and go back to work...so excited to play some nice ukes this vacation!

Whenever I travel I usually just bring my Makala Dolphin...small and tough. I did just buy a Kala Travel Soprano though so that will probably take the place of the Dolphin...same length and 1/2 the thickness.

I'm really hoping I can make it to Ukulele Movement...whenever I go there I'm totally at the mercy of my Singapore relatives...they usually have so much planned that it's hard to get away. I'll be there for 4 days and then on to Hawaii for 4 days. My days are so filled during my Singapore visits that I'll need the relaxation of Hawaii before I come back home and go back to work...so excited to play some nice ukes this vacation!

Yeah, some holidays are more tiring that working! The shop's in the Little India area, which has got some tourist value so maybe you could use that to persuade them to let you have a few hours there!

Top Bottom