Electro-Acoustic Tenors

UkeKristoff

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm looking to get a hold of a new ukulele soon. Been playing a morgan soprano ukulele for a while now and was hoping to upgrade to something of a little higher quality.
The one I currently own has a pickup installed, which I do enjoy as I have a fairly good acoustic amplifier, so I was hoping to stick to that on any future purchases.

I was also thinking of stepping over to a tenor ukulele and giving that a try, so my question is: Does anyone have any advice on a high level model with a pickup in the 200-300$ range?

Been scrounging the internet for a while, having trouble finding anything that seems to fit.

I am just getting ready to post an almost new Riptide tenor with the best electronics (and onboard tuner) I have found in a Uke. This comes with a hadshell case and a new set of Aquila tenor strings. It is a beauty and while i love it, I am hooked on 6 string Ukes. This one a Kala Travel Tenor are both for sale. Let me know if you want pics, price shipped to CONUS is $200 ( I have $279.00 in the package).

Doug

Electro-Acoustic Tenors are great!
I bought a Mainland with a MSI pick-up and it's really great. Mainland Mahagony Tenor is a bit over the budget, listed at $ 358,50, but it's really worth the money! I strongly recommend it.
There's a link for the model here: http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/product.sc?productId=32&categoryId=7
Check the website out! :)

Lanikai and Kala both make tenors with a solid spruce top and built in electrics which would be in your price range. I have the Lanikai O8-E with the ovangkol back & sides and solid spruce top with electrics, and I just love it. Amazing sound and a very nice player. Check with Mim or musicguymic they both have great customer service and will help you find what you're looking for.

Top Bottom