D'Addario T2, where to buy other than stringsbymail.com?

Ronnie Aloha

Mahalo Sen. Dan, R.I.P.
UU+
UU VIP
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knew another source for these strings? Shipping is a killer with stringsbymail.com.

For anyone who has not previously purchased from them, please be aware (as I was not), they don't allow refunds without restocking fees. Which I think is kind of unfair when they are completely unopened. I bought six sets of T2 (four treble sets and two individual additional strings) and when I didn't care for them on my ukulele, they wouldn't let me return the sealed, unopened strings without charging a restocking fee. That is why I sold mine here at UU rather than send them back to them. I don't mean to bash them in general. They have fair prices and a very good selection. Just be sure you plan to keep everything you buy.

Last edited:
I reminisce the time when stringsbymail was cheap for the shiping fee...Since they change ''owner'' it's been damn expensive!

I have a local dealer here that carry T2....but I just don't know how much they are...

Have used a lot of D'Addario strings and have liked many of them, but will have to plead ignorance on the "T2". What is it? One of the Titaniums?

I've also gotten a lot of strings through Strings by Mail, and they've always been more than fair. I've never tried to return anything, but I've had them replace bad strings more than once - no charge - no questions asked. Maybe it was just because I was a pretty good customer, but I never got the impression I was getting special treatment.

Nonetheless, I also bought quite a bit previously from "juststrings".

http://www.juststrings.com/daddario.html

Whatever a T2 is, they are likely to have it. I've never seen a selection of strings more complete. It's just that they got so big and impersonal - to me it always felt I got more individual service at SbM.

Hello fu: You posted while I was typing. Maybe my recommendation on SbM is a bit out of date. Since we have been doing our own strings, I've obviously not needed to buy anyone else's. When did they change ownership?

Last edited:
Chuck Moore might have another source. He sent me a set when I bought one of his tenors. Perhaps he will chime in.

If you're looking for D'Addario T2 string sets, go to Big City String Company . . . available for tenors and concerts. See listing. S&H is $3.95 per order . . .

Thank you for getting this thread back on track, Kanaka. It was starting to look ugly right away. The original poster asked where to get the strings, not how to bash the mentioned company. Uncalled for, I thought.

I'm glad I now know where to get T2s. They are what I've started using and I had no clue where to get them.

Thank you for getting this thread back on track, Kanaka. It was starting to look ugly right away. The original poster asked where to get the strings, not how to bash the mentioned company. Uncalled for, I thought.

I'm glad I now know where to get T2s. They are what I've started using and I had no clue where to get them.

I apologize if you thought I was unfair. It was just my personal experience with the company. I ordered six sets of the strings, and when they didn't work for me, they wouldn't let me return the other unopened packs without charging me a restocking fee. I made no attempt to return the opened ones, those were obviously mine to keep, but I did think that it was a tad unfair to charge restocking fees on sealed merchandise.

I only mentioned it because if Ronnie or anyone else planned on using them, I thought that they should have the heads up that I didn't have when I made my purchase unbeknownest of their rules. I didn't want someone else to buy them unaware of the return policy in place at the company. Sorry to offend...I probably should have phrased it better though so your point is taken Sukie.

I have edited my prior post accordingly to try to better reflect my intent in providing others with hopefully less buyer remorse than I had using them. They do have fair prices, and a very large inventory. I just didn't want anyone else to get stuck like I did. :)

Last edited:
How is $3.99 a killer for shipping from stringsbymail? Even if you buy only one set of T2 trebles $2.95 and add in an Aranjuez 600 $1.85, that's only $9 for a set of strings.

Try buying a set of Savarez Alliance, then you really reduce the cost of shipping.

I still perfer Stringsbymail instead of Just for Strings.com, to order my Savarez alliance, when ordering several sets, the shipping charge is minimal. Far cheaper than anywhere else.

Are T2s available as sets? I always thought they were sold as single strings only.

See The D'addario.com store

What's in a set? And has anyone used these strings on a uke before?

I bought mine thru Guitar Center. You can go to their web site. I forgot how much it was I don't think it was that expensive. I hope this helps.

I bought mine thru Guitar Center. You can go to their web site. I forgot how much it was I don't think it was that expensive. I hope this helps.
Did you get the classical guitar set or the trebles along with a D string?

Top Bottom