Whats your favorite uke shop on Maui

pithaya9

Reaction score
Aloha everyone, I'm on Maui for a week and was looking for what else but uke shops. If you could, tell me what is your favorite shop and where its located. I hope to stop by them all while I'm here.

Mahalo
Jack

Aloha everyone, I'm on Maui for a week and was looking for what else but uke shops. If you could, tell me what is your favorite shop and where its located. I hope to stop by them all while I'm here.

Mahalo
Jack

Bounty is ok. lahaina Music was ok. There was a uke store in lahaina one street up from front street across form that touristy pineapple place (cannery??) but the best one of all is the Mele store. It is in Wailuku off of Kahumanu Ave. From airport head up towards Iao valley, pass Baldwin High School and just before you go under the bridge (only bridge:)) you will see a very small uke shop. If you go under the bridge, you went to far. Also would like to recommend that you eat at Da Kitchen. It is next to the airport close to a surf shop. There is also one in Kihei. Snorkling/Diving go towards makena beach and ask where the Sherman tanks are sunk at. Very unique diving/snorkeling experience:)

Thanks Staci & John. I'm off to find them!

I agree with HJ, I like Bounty music for selection, but Mele is a great store to just hang out and visit with Cheryl and Uncle Peter.

Mele Ukulele in Wailuku is my pick.... just west of the Kahului International Airport. Cheryl Rock owns the place. Great lady, great tradition, and, in my humble opinion, THEE best ukes on the planet for the money. I own three of them! Please tell her the TV WeatherGuy from Nashville, TN told you to stop by... I guarantee you the deal will get sweeter! Enjoy... a great uke shop!

Mele Ukulele in Wailuku is my pick.... just west of the Kahului International Airport. Cheryl Rock owns the place. Great lady, great tradition, and, in my humble opinion, THEE best ukes on the planet for the money. I own three of them! Please tell her the TV WeatherGuy from Nashville, TN told you to stop by... I guarantee you the deal will get sweeter! Enjoy... a great uke shop!

Not as sweet as if haolejohn sends ya:) LOL!!

Top Bottom