Got uke? Got Story? Last call for your KoAloha Ukulele Story

Gmoe

Reaction score
Aloha UU community!

It's been a long while and I wanted to give folks just a little update and a big mahalo for all your support and help on this project thus far. As the holidays roll near, I just want to throw out one last call to folks here on the forum for anyone who would like to share their KoAloha story for this film.

Over the summer I have met and talked to so many great people from amazing musicians to very humble ukulele lovers who shared their connection to the instrument, the Okami family, and just what the meaning of KoAloha really means to them.

I cut a ten minute segment for the film to share for the 15th Anniversary of KoAloha this past summer and we had a great response. It was a real tribute and an honor to put together something that honors the family, the beautiful instruments, and the big Aloha that is passed on from family, to the crew and workers, and to many of you who have bought and play these very fine instruments.

Many of you have sent me e-mails over the summer and we have got stories from England, New York, Seattle, Los Angeles, and of course Hawaii.

But I'd like to get a few more if we can and do one last call to those who may have missed the original posting. I have a few filmmaker friends in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Hawaii, and here in Philadelphia who will be helping me film a few more sessions.

Those of you who know KoAloha ukulele know that it is a very special ukulele company with a very special story and we are putting the call out to musicians great and small, young and old, and players and admirers to share their own KoAloha story. If you have a story to share or know someone that loves to talk story about the love of the instrument or the connection to the meaning of the word KoAloha which we all know means "Your Love" please contact me on the forum or via my website at http://www.componentgeek.com. We will be shooting stories until just before the X-mas holidays and would love to have your story be a part of this very special film.

We hope this message reaches those who still have a story to tell.

Many Mahalos!

Gary

Top Bottom