Got a Koaloha

dnewton2

Reaction score
Well it has been a while since I got a new uke, about 18 months. So today is my 5th anniversary, and the traditional gift is wood. Pretty convienent for me huh. So I told my wife to get me a new uke. I pretty much narrowed it down to a few for her to chose from. She got me a Koaloha Concert (2nd) and it arrived yesterday. I still want to make some adjustments, mainly lower the action and probably different strings. This is acctually my first K-brand.

So my initial taughts. This thing is light, weightwise. The body is thinner then my Moore Bettah and it appears to be slightly smaller overall. Really loud and sounds amazing. I don't have much else to compare it to beside my Moore Bettah. I think the MB is nicer overall but the Koaloha is still a real nice ukulele. Well I need to do some work now so I can play around with my new toy for a while.

Aloha Dnewton2,
Congrats on the new KoAloha uke and your fifth anniversary....Have Fun and Enjoy!! Happy Strummings... MM Stan...

Great choice by your wife on the KoAloha concert Dnewton2. As a custom cabinetmaker, I always thought that every anniversary should be a wooden one

Congrats on the new Uke! Happy New Uke Day and Happy anniversary too :D

Looking forward to pictures and videos!

Congrats on the anniversary and the new uke.

Good choice on the gift. Can't go wrong on the KoAloha concert. Everyone that tries mine is amazed at how light it is.
Was The MB your first uke?

I also have a KoAloha Concert "2nd". They are great ukes, and true... Very light! Great sound as well. A strong addition to any uke collection.

Of course, pix are required!
Cheers,
Skottoman

Beautiful woodgrain. I know that you will love this uke.

Congratulations on 5 years together (I wish you many more) and your new uke (I wish you many more of those too!!)

Very beautiful uke.

And what did you get your Bride? It goes both ways, doesn't it?

Many happy years to both of you!

Keep uke'in',

What kind of 'flaw' made it 2nd? It sure is pretty!

I looked it over when I got it and from what I can see, I think it is a spot on the top of the fretboard first fret. It looks like it got slightly filed or something. Besides that I cannot tell what is wrong. I took a picture but it does not show it well.

IMG_0767.jpg[

Beautiful uke! I'm also curious to know what you got her...

Top Bottom