EEUSBTMS - That's what I've got..

Ingrate

Reaction score
..Everybody Else's 'Ukulele Sounds Better Than Mine Syndrome

I'm just saying...

I watch utube videos, etc., and often catch a clarity or voice or nuance to a performance that sounds better than my 'uke.

I'm hoping it's my technique, strumming mostly. The sound is remarkably different, depending on my fingernail length, position on the 'uke, use of a pick, etc.

Anyway..I love my 'uke for the way it sounds. I still keep hearing things and thinking, "how'd he get that sound?"

Maybe EEUSBTMS leads to UAS?

Any other EEUSBTMS sufferers out there?

(I also have bad grammar..)

Last edited:
Yes, I guess it's like hearing a recording of yourself. Somehow it just doesn't sound like you.

When I record myself playing the ukulele, it doesn't sound as good as someone else's, but...
I guess it's not just me.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm sure you sound great!

Keep uke'in',

The unfortunate reality is that no matter how well you play, how many chords you learn, how many fancy strum patterns and syncopations you master, you aint ever gona have your ear in front of that big 'ol sound hole in the front of your ukulele. Relax, your koaloha's sounding just fine to those are are listening!!

The unfortunate reality is that no matter how well you play, how many chords you learn, how many fancy strum patterns and syncopations you master, you aint ever gona have your ear in front of that big 'ol sound hole in the front of your ukulele. Relax, your koaloha's sounding just fine to those are are listening!!

That's a great observation! It hadn't occurred to me that my 'uke is the only one I hear from behind it. I guess I should do some recording. Thanks for the insightful input! (and encouragement)

lol, it's an easy to define observation if you have the chance to stand in front of the horn of a wind up gramophone. As an aside the one of the best instruments for recording playback on a gramaphone is a violin, it REALLY sounds as if the violin is right there in front of you, way better than any electrical playback.

I've seen, heard my playing as part of a group and with just one other person on PATV, but suppose I need to do individual recording as soon as I get a set up. Hoping that will help with this EEUSBTMS and severe UAS that plagues me.

This is what I wondering - if you're comparing your videos with others or just what you're hearing from above your uke. Sometimes, even crappy ukes sound better to me when recorded. That's why a uke with a soundhole on the bout is on my bucket list. I might then sound a tad dull in front, but who cares? By the time that UAS is satisfied, there should be plenty of forward-projectors on hand to satisfy the masses out there (wherever they are...).

Top Bottom