Introducing The Ukulazy Susan...

Looking forward to the Neiman Marcus version in next years catalog.

If you made this.... maybe a tutorial on materials and your process :)

Nicely done. Seems to work very smoothly. I would need one with 3 levels, and a humidified glass case around it, perhaps with spotlights added. It probably wouldn't save much room, because I still would have to store the cases. But, I would like to be able to have them on display without worry.
–Lori

Aloha Ukecantdothat,
Looks awesome dude!!!! Necessity is indeed the mother of invention, but creativity and beauty is what wows us!!!!Good Job buddy!!!Thanks for sharing!!! MM Stan..

Way cool! Just one question... ? What goes in the hook on top?

Way cool! Just one question... ? What goes in the hook on top?
Good eye. I was wondering if anyone would notice it. It was actually an afterthough, as I had a few extra tool hooks around, so I was thinking a slide on one side and a capo on the other, plus it's something grab hold of for turning. I'll most likely get rid of it, though.

If you made this.... maybe a tutorial on materials and your process :)
Pretty simple, really. It used to be a two-uke stand that I made from a 3.5" x 3.5" scrap, cut down to concert length (21") that I fastened from underneath with 1.5" wood screws to a square piece of pine for the base. This was fine for the 2 ukes I had, and it sat on this speaker cab for a year or so when I decided to add a couple more tool hooks for more ukage. That's when I realized this thing needed to turn, so I replaced the square base with a pre-cut 17" pine round from Home Depot and stuck it on a lazy Susan. The "finish" is flat black spray paint. A very down and dirty, yet wonderfully utilitarian piece that took less than a half hour to put together.

Nicely done. Seems to work very smoothly. I would need one with 3 levels, and a humidified glass case around it, perhaps with spotlights added. It probably wouldn't save much room, because I still would have to store the cases. But, I would like to be able to have them on display without worry.
–Lori

LOL!!! Sounds like a cool project for Harold O.!

01324.jpg

WOW, the Ukelazy Susan carousel makes serving Ukes to my family and guests at my parties easy and fun. I've often been plagued by doubts as to my effectiveness as the perfect hostess, but the new Ukelazy Susan carousel has relieved me of this burden and allows me mix freely with my guests. Thanks Ukelazy Susan!

01324.jpg

WOW, the Ukelazy Susan carousel makes serving Ukes to my family and guests at my parties easy and fun. I've often been plagued by doubts as to my effectiveness as the perfect hostess, but the new Ukelazy Susan carousel has relieved me of this burden and allows me mix freely with my guests. Thanks Ukelazy Susan!
And when you flip it over, it makes a fine potter's wheel!

Top Bottom