Tadaro

brUKEman

Reaction score
I found this Uke for sale. It is a Tadaro, not sure of the size or type of wood.
Anyone know if they are a good quality. I saw some pictures online, but not of this particular model. Any info would be helpful..

Hi brUKEman,

not sure if you tried to post a picture or not, but if it's what I think you mean, you are talking about the "Akulele", hand built by Joseph Todaro...like the charango ukes, they're different cause they're carved out of a single piece of wood.

They're definately beautiful to look at, I've considered buying one myself several times, especially with the heart-shaped soundhole and carved backs with the lovely bright, romantic colours...

can't vouch for their sound though, as I've never heard one...just from the pictures I've seen, the fretboards look very wide, certainly wider than the conventional ukes...if you have a picture, please post for us so we can make more informed comment. Cheers!

Well, hadn't played my soprano akulele for some time. Just got it out, tuned it and damn, I forgot how good it sounded. Not only is it beautiful, it actually has loud, woody, resonant sound with incredible sustain. Intonation is very close, not perfect and becomes sharp after 7th fret. The fretboard is wide. The only difficulty I have with it is keeping it in a good position for playing because the sides slant in to the narrow flat back. It is a carved uke shaped bowl with a long handle (the neck) from a single piece of wood. Mine has the round soundhole.

I also have a sopranino akulele, which is not quite as attractive, and loaned to a friend for last month. I do remember that I liked the sound better than my Ohana sopranino.

If I weren't so computer/electronic device challenged, I could post pictures. Sorry.

Top Bottom