Do you get "Pinky Lock"? or any other fingers?

Dane

Reaction score
When I'm playing something that is very pinky-oriented or dominated, I find sometimes that when I hold my pinky in whatever position it is in for too long that it will lock up, almost like a cramp, but without the pain. Perhaps this is just because it doesn't get exercised in this way as often as my other fingers?

Thanks in advance.

Have a good one,
-Dane

I get that with all of em. but that could be the artritis.. lol

I get that on two fingers on my left hand ring and middle. No pain just locks up. My Dr told me it's the tendon hanging up in the sheath it slides in. He showed me how to rub the fingers by kind of taking the other hand and sliding it up and down on the finger and rubbing it, it helps.

I had the lock on my left ring finger, it got more and more frequent. My Dr gave me the same explanation, "tendon hanging up in the sheath." I had surgery and that ended it.

I've been experiencing this a lot lately. For me, it's the ring finger and pinky of my left hand. In fact, every morning, I have to gently pull both fingers to unlock them. I've been concerned that this might be the onset of arthritis or something worse. While I'm not happy to hear that others are suffering from the same, I'm a bit relieved.

So what are we gonna do about it?

I get it in my pinky and thought it was part of my Fibro, so just dismissed it, but like above, glad, but not glad to hear others have the same problem...

Play even more. I find that the more I play, even tho it hurts sometimes, the more flexible my fingers stay. If it wasn't for playing, I might not be able to do much with my hands at all. Play through it, and just keep playing.

I've been experiencing this a lot lately. For me, it's the ring finger and pinky of my left hand. In fact, every morning, I have to gently pull both fingers to unlock them. I've been concerned that this might be the onset of arthritis or something worse. While I'm not happy to hear that others are suffering from the same, I'm a bit relieved.

So what are we gonna do about it?

Play even more. I find that the more I play, even tho it hurts sometimes, the more flexible my fingers stay. If it wasn't for playing, I might not be able to do much with my hands at all. Play through it, and just keep playing.

This is the key to this common problem. You are asking your fingers to do something they didn't know they were designed for. Through repitition new connections are being made to the brain. As the connections build, the finger says, "Oh, this again..." instead of, "Dude, WTF?*&^%$@!!!?" Practice practice practice.

Well that was quickly answered for me haha. If this will help you in any way I am 21, and I do not have any health issues that would relate to this happening. I do however use my computer a LOT for work, I play quite a bit of video games, and I play my ukulele a lot, so I do have some pains in my hands from time to time.

Well that was quickly answered for me haha. If this will help you in any way I am 21, and I do not have any health issues that would relate to this happening. I do however use my computer a LOT for work, I play quite a bit of video games, and I play my ukulele a lot, so I do have some pains in my hands from time to time.

There is also the something called "overuse syndrome" which is a proper way doctors react to the old "It hurts when I do this / Well then don't do that" joke. If the problems associated with the gaming are also the same as the uking, then you'll have to limit one or the other. Anyone around here wanna make a suggestion as to which activity ought to be curtailed? ;•}

There is also the something called "overuse syndrome" which is a proper way doctors react to the old "It hurts when I do this / Well then don't do that" joke. If the problems associated with the gaming are also the same as the uking, then you'll have to limit one or the other. Anyone around here wanna make a suggestion as to which activity ought to be curtailed? ;•}

So doctors orders are more ukulele, less work and video games, sounds good to me!

Top Bottom