Winner of the Kala pocket Uke

Congratulations Bob...you're gonna have a ball with that little pocket of fun...I have one and love it to bits...

Last edited:
Aloha Bob,
Congrats and Have Fun!! Happy Strummings....MM Stan..

Mahalo Pippin for sponsoring the contest......

Thanks Pippin, it really made my day!

:nana::nana::nana::nana:

Congratulations Bob!

Super Congrats on the win Bob!!

No more dreaming for me, now I'll have to ask Santa to bring me one! :p:)

He's got God on his side.

I was hoping the Pocket Uke would arrive before Thanksgiving but alas not yet, Probably a good thing as me and Mrs. Nukem are in "Painting mode".:wallbash:

Last edited:
Well, it arrived! We were still working on our decorating project when the mailman knocked on the gate. Right away he points out the box is damaged right on the from of the box. I made him sign around the damage and initial.

Anyway, we were apprehensive as I opened the box but all is well, good friends, and the Kala Pocket Uke is actually cooler than I imagined! We took a couple quick pix (which I will upload later) and carefully put it far away from paint/spackle/power tools!

Later I got a chance to play it and although cramped, it is a real uke and playable. Having searched the topic of tuning it, I was unsure what to expect. It seems there are a couple of ways to tune it. It came tuned CFAD but that sounded too tinny so I lowered it to Canadian ADF#B. Today, however, I brought it back up and I do think it has more potential tuned CFAD. I may eventually slightly lower the strings as I really need my instruments to be in tune across the neck. This little fella is very close, closer than other ukes I've played, but "a uker's gotta do what a uker's gotta do". Overall, this instument is made very well, I could not find anything out of place, and the case, WOW, it really makes you want to take it out where ever you go!

Thanks again Ukulele Player Magazine for your generosity and Kala for your ingenuity, I appreciate it greatly. :shaka:

Congratulations on winning the Pocket Uke. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as we enjoyed having the pleasure of shipping it to a cool person and UU member.

"Bob Dylan lives in Florida these days?"

This is a vicious rumor that was begun when I was in the 6th grade. I keep trying to refute it but no one believes me! See the photo below-I am obviously younger AND better looking than Dylan!

Anyway, here are some pix of the Pocket Uke delivery adventure. I even was wearing an appropriate T-shirt already!

Dented Box!

BoxDent.jpg

Whew, it's ok inside so far!

Opened1.jpg

First view, with ruler for size!

OpenedRuler.jpg

Yours truly, the Happy Camper!

BobHolding.jpg

Congrats man, that uke looks pretty sweet! saw one hanging in a local music shop the other day. Might have to play one next time I roll through there...

Top Bottom