The "Ain't No Ways As" Medley

lambchop

Reaction score
A while back, one of our members had shown how "Hey Soul Sister" and "I'm Yours" are the same progression and fit together (can't recall the video URL right now). Inspired, I asked the academic question as to what other songs would fit like that - Thus, I strung together parts of Ain't No Sunshine, Evil Ways and Stevie Wonder's As to make a medley that I think seems quite like one complete song as opposed to three just strung together - kind of an interesting little experiment, as it were, and here's what it sounds like.

Aloha Mike,
I like the funk style part....thanks for Sharing......MM Stan...

Thanks - the Stevie Wonder part is kind of obscure, maybe, but "As," off the "Songs in the Key of Life" album is one of my favorite songs. Mike

Great stuff - could you tell us what chords/strumming you're doing, exactly? i'd love to try to do this, if only for the Ain't No Sunshine part.

Great stuff - could you tell us what chords/strumming you're doing, exactly? i'd love to try to do this, if only for the Ain't No Sunshine part.

Thanks. I'm a by-ear player who is not smart enough or too lazy (not sure which) to know what chords I am playing, but let me work on this and try to post it later. Or I'll go to my ahndy chord finder and report back. Mike

Love that... I have always loved "Aint no sunshine", and the wife and daughter get tickled because I sing that all the time as they are walking out the door to go somewhere.. lol.. Now, I never played it on the Uke, gonna need to hit that..

Love that... I have always loved "Aint no sunshine", and the wife and daughter get tickled because I sing that all the time as they are walking out the door to go somewhere.. lol.. Now, I never played it on the Uke, gonna need to hit that..

That reminds me of a cool version I saw on YouTube a couple of days ago - don';t have the url, but it's "ain't no sunhsine (whe mommy's gone)" or something like that. real cute and I think it's by a UU member. I'll try to find it and post. Mike

Excellent job! I would have TOTALLY lost the rhythm of the strumming if I'd have tried to sing the Stevie Wonder lyrics over it!

Excellent job! I would have TOTALLY lost the rhythm of the strumming if I'd have tried to sing the Stevie Wonder lyrics over it!

Thanks for the kind words - that song's been in my head for over 30 years, so I guess it's just a part of me, which makes it a bit easier. I appreciate you watching it. Mike

Top Bottom