Aldrine's Kamaka

UkuleleAddiction

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the top wood is on Aldrine's Kamaka. I've tried to get a good look at it in his videos, but I can't see it well enough to tell if it's koa or not. I can't see much grain, so I was wondering if it's maybe a spruce top. It has such a clear, nice tone, even in the processed youtube videos that it makes me wonder if it's koa or not. Or maybe that's just Aldrine's playing. Just wondering...

I was just wondering what the top wood is on Aldrine's Kamaka. I've tried to get a good look at it in his videos, but I can't see it well enough to tell if it's koa or not. I can't see much grain, so I was wondering if it's maybe a spruce top. It has such a clear, nice tone, even in the processed youtube videos that it makes me wonder if it's koa or not. Or maybe that's just Aldrine's playing. Just wondering...

i think aldy's uke is just a standard tenor, all solid koa, except it has a pickup i think. someone correct me if i'm wrong. specs for regular tenor kamakas are found here:
http://www.kamakahawaii.com/instruments.html#ukehf3

It's a standard Kamaka tenor that has been modified by Jake Shimabukuro. Action fixed, saddle changed, and an awesome pickup installed. It plays and sounds awesome.

OK, thanks. It does sound great in all of the videos I've seen. It has such a clear tone it made me wonder if it was spruce.

i played it last week, you have no idea what it feels like when you play it. it feels so comfortable and creates such a beautiful sound.

i dont know what a standard kamaka is :( can anybody link us up to a site that features the ukulele?? :D thanks ;)

Top Bottom