PDA

View Full Version : Luna Honu and Tattoo Ukulele reviews

ukeeku
11-14-2010, 05:16 PM
I just finished a review of the Honu and Tattoo ukes for my site, Hope you like it.
http://ukeeku.com/2010/11/15/luna-honu-tattoo-full-reviews/

mm stan
11-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Aloha Ueeku,
Many thanks for the review.....I like that you did an inexpensive uke review...most people think nothing of them...I've got alot of premimum ukes
but I prefer to play my cheap ones the best daily...go figure...You mention two of my favorite daily players, the first to pick up.....my rogue soprano
and My Oscar schmidt OU2....out standing....more fun to play than most of my collection...because it sounds good to me, good intonation, playability,
design for comfort, and stays in tune for long periods....thanks for sharing, fellow ukers, don't fool yourselves, the best uke to get is the one you pick
up first and all the time.. MM Stan...

fitncrafty
11-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Nice review... Thanks.. I play a Luna concert floral.. which I just love... I did have it set up in the shop I purchased from and sounds much better. Luna has outstanding customer service and stands behind their product(Limited lifetime warranty, whatever that means right?). The shop set it up when I had an issue when I first purchased it (no charge) and since it's playing great and I am very happy with it. I would definitely recommend these ukes for a beginner especially if they have access to a proper set up.

Hippie Dribble
11-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi ukeeku

awesome review, great detail and covered all bases succinctly and with clarity. Thanks much.

I agree, these would be great ukes for beginning players, sounding good enough to not turn them off upgrading, as I'm sure some of the cheap painted ones do...I know member joeybug owns one of the pineapples and is a big wrap for them

And like Stan, I have a Les Paul copy soprano made by mahalo which sounds every bit as good as my best soprano...bizarre, you'd think, but expensive doesn't necessarily equate with better all the time