New Uke Day #24356749

H

Hippie Dribble

hi everyone

I'm just bursting with joy :love: so I had to share the arrival of my new Mya Moe Mango soprano. here's some pics:

DSCF4556.jpgDSCF4558.jpgDSCF4557.jpg

she's just beautiful. I think it's the best sounding soprano I've heard.

It's made from mango: top, back and sides; has a mahogany neck; maple end graft and heel cap and ebony fingerboard. Also fitted with geared peghead tuners and strung with what looks to be worth clears, though I'm not certain

So happy, it just has such a nice balance as between brightness and warmth, great intonation and projection and so pretty to look at

I'm doing some serious refining of my uke collection at the moment and thinking of selling quite a few ukes that I don't play much...after trying heaps of different ukes, I figure these days I need not look any further than Mya Moe and Kamaka

Many thanks to UU member EDW (Ed) who sold the uke to me after having it custom built by Gordon and Char earlier this year. And thankyou for indulging me all and having a look!!! :eek: Cheers! eugene

Aloha Eugene,
She looks like a beauty...the upper neck and headstock reminds me of a certain 50's design....congrats man!!! Have Fun and Enjoy!!!!!Happy Strummings..MM Stan..
I guess I know what gonna keep you ocupied for some time now....

Your new ukulele is a beauty! I got to see several Mya Moe ukuleles, and to meet Gordon and Char, at the Wine Country Ukulele Festival this past September, and I was very impressed with them and their ukuleles. I even got to test drive the ukulele in this video and see this live:

I hope your ukulele sounds as nice as the ukes I saw in September. Congratulations!

P.S. That's Lori's Uke Leash booth over Victoria's right shoulder.

Last edited:
Your new ukulele is a beauty! I got to see several Mya Moe ukuleles, and to meet Gordon and Char, at the Wine Country Ukulele Festival this past September, and I was very impressed with them and their ukuleles. I even got to test drive the ukulele in this video and see this live:

I hope your ukulele sounds as nice as the ukes I saw in September. Congratulations!

Hey thanks for posting that Mark!!! That was brilliant! If it's good enough for Victoria then it's sure good enough for me!:) cheers mate!

Hey thanks for posting that Mark!!! That was brilliant! If it's good enough for Victoria then it's sure good enough for me!:) cheers mate!

Victoria apparently almost always appears at official public performances with a KoAloha Pineapple Sunday.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread, though, which ought to be about YOUR new Mya Moe.

Hey hey HEY...Nice looking Ukulele Mr E Ukulele. is it a gloss finish??? Also what type of Mango wood, It seems to have an unusual grain, not what I expected..

mmmm It'll be interesting to see which ukes from Chez Eugene are evicted post Mya Moe (does Moe rhyme with Moe, Gippsland, or Toe, Foot??)...

Congratulations from your fellow soprano afficionado.

Hey hey HEY...Nice looking Ukulele Mr E Ukulele. is it a gloss finish??? Also what type of Mango wood, It seems to have an unusual grain, not what I expected..

mmmm It'll be interesting to see which ukes from Chez Eugene are evicted post Mya Moe (does Moe rhyme with Moe, Gippsland, or Toe, Foot??)...

hey Tony

hee..hee..:) More close a rhyme with Moe, Gippsland than Toe, foot brother Tony...kind of like if you meet an Aussie on the street and go up and introduce yourself: "Name's Moe" and he looks ya up and down and replies...mmm...Moe, eh?":)

sorry mate, forgot to answer the "finish" question...it's not gloss; rather, hand-rubbed oil

How did I miss this until now? It's beautiful and I can tell you are just a wee bit happy about it, aren't you? Me too - happy for you. Congratulations. I may be selling my Mya Moe Chocolate Heart Mango Tenor next year, if you're interested. Have a custom one ordered - start date in March, finish in April.

How did I miss this until now? It's beautiful and I can tell you are just a wee bit happy about it, aren't you? Me too - happy for you. Congratulations. I may be selling my Mya Moe Chocolate Heart Mango Tenor next year, if you're interested. Have a custom one ordered - start date in March, finish in April.

wow ADD!!!! I know I would be interested in your Mya Moe tenor...let me know if and when you do sell...I'll be the one screaming loudest with my arm up in the air!!!:eek:

wow ADD!!!! I know I would be interested in your Mya Moe tenor...let me know if and when you do sell...I'll be the one screaming loudest with my arm up in the air!!!:eek:

If the friend I lent it to doesn't hijack it first, you'll be the first to be notified.

Sorry, Lexxy, no resonator. Has a pickup though. Can see a picture of it on the MyaMoe web site. In the gallery, check the boxes for Tenor, Classic and Mango, it's #268. It's the 9th one of 34 in the gallery.

Last edited:
Sorry, Lexxy, no resonator. Has a pickup though. Can see a picture of it on the MyaMoe web site. In the gallery, check the boxes for Tenor, Classic and Mango, it's #268. It's the 9th one of 34 in the gallery.

Wow it really is pretty. If eugene doesn't take it, i might consider! :)

Hi tony
I can understand your excitement. I have one on order myself; it will start production a few days before christmas and will prbly be done by mid January 2011. I am counting the days!!!:D Mine will be a Brazilian Rosewood/Biscuit Fire Cedar, with binding as well as abalone purfling and with a pick up. I went all out with this one....LOL Hope you are in 7th Heaven playing your new baby.

Happy Strumming

Hi tony
I can understand your excitement. I have one on order myself; it will start production a few days before christmas and will prbly be done by mid January 2011. I am counting the days!!!:D Mine will be a Brazilian Rosewood/Biscuit Fire Cedar, with binding as well as abalone purfling and with a pick up. I went all out with this one....LOL Hope you are in 7th Heaven playing your new baby.

Happy Strumming

cheers! Your custom build sounds awesome. And beautiful...which is the Mya Moe signature, eh? :)

Top Bottom