Status
Not open for further replies.

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
bugsgearfront.jpg
bugsgearback.jpg

It was officially announced at the last open mic, but heres this month's contest. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to spread the UU as far as you can. How you do this is up to you. Print out flyers, wear your UU shirt on local television, post a blog about the website, make an announcement at a local Ukulele group, the method is up to you! The catch? How you spread the word about ukulele underground will determine how many entries you get for the drawing for this ukulele. For example, posting a blog post will get you 1 ticket in, while printing a giant UU sticker and putting it on the back of your truck (i.e. Dino) will get you 10 tickets.

The Prize: Blue Concert Size Bugsgear electric Ukulele

The UU staff will determine how much tickets each entry method will receive. To submit your entry, just post what you did in this thread with some kind of proof that you did it.

Entries will be accepted until July 29 and the live drawing will be on July 31st. Good luck and have fun!

Contest sponsored by Musicguymic and his ebay store. Much Mahalos to him.

Last edited:
im so in cant wait to get started :nana: thanks MGM

Last edited:
ooo, time to get started for this one. i've always wanted one of these eleukes.

yea how many times can we enter cause there are a couple diffrent ways:

-many flyers: do i get one raffle per small flyer i staple. (i staple 100 flyers do i get 100 raffles?)
-flyer and something bigger- can i enter twice doing diffrent things.

Can it be retroactive? I already have a story of spreading UU pride, and a picture of the proof. It happened last month.

so do we just post the pictures and examples here when they come up

yea how many times can we enter cause there are a couple diffrent ways:

-many flyers: do i get one raffle per small flyer i staple. (i staple 100 flyers do i get 100 raffles?)
-flyer and something bigger- can i enter twice doing diffrent things.

Enter as many times as you want

Can it be retroactive? I already have a story of spreading UU pride, and a picture of the proof. It happened last month.

yes

so do we just post the pictures and examples here when they come up

yes

printing a giant UU sticker and putting it on the back of your truck (i.e. Dino) will get you 10 tickets.

for real 10 tickets!?!? what if i putem on my bros car to lol:rofl:

sounds like fun!!! now what to do, hmmmm.....????

Well heres my first entry :)

I took Ukuleleunderground out of this world and into the Fabled world of Hyboria (Age of Conan)

I announced into the OOC (out of character) channel. As there are thousands of people playing I guess this must be worth more than 1 ticket lol

I shall do the same in WOW and post a pic of that also.

Heres the proof :-

(I included a close up for those with bad vision hehe)

Attachments

• Nemmis_picture000.jpg
    Nemmis_picture000.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 57
Enter as many times as you want

is that really far though? someone does a huge thing (make a giant sticker) and only gets 10 tickets, but if i posted 100 flyers (and showed all 100 pics) i would get 100 points. Is it me that thinks thats kinda unfair?

is that really far though? someone does a huge thing (make a giant sticker) and only gets 10 tickets, but if i posted 100 flyers (and showed all 100 pics) i would get 100 points. Is it me that thinks thats kinda unfair?

No we will determine how many points people get. Making flyers are much easier than making a giant sticker.

wow, this will be exciting... although - i dunno if i will go that well. People might get about 1000 tickets hahaha! posting flyers should be easy - i could go around and put them in peoples mail box. The thing is that people could print them and then not do it -.-

What if I stand on the street corner playing my uke and preaching UU on a bullhorn? how much is that worth? :D

I posted a blog, which I also had sent to blogrings that I'm a part of, so not only my friends read, but the people that are part of the blogring read as well

CHECK IT OUT!!

:rock:

I think we're gonna get a lot of these sort of entries. haha advertising on myspace, facebook, xanga, etc. xP

So, yea I did as well. Made a UU banner, also using the UU Cali Tour and Aldrine's Banner. :)

http://www.myspace.com/NERDglasses
-Banner
-Posted various bulletins
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=20771327845
-Posted Event
-Posted Aldrine's CD link as well. :)

Hope these count for something... ><;;

Alright so here's my first wave of entries. First of all like to say that whatever points i get from this Terrell gets half of em.

Photoshopped a design and made some copies at kinkos about 60-70 copies in this pile.

Flyers.jpg

The owner allowed us to display these at the Dusty String's main entrance with the rest of the business cards, upcoming events calendar, and various info.

HPIM0920-1.jpg

Also, don't know if this will count as anything but i guess I can make a quick blog, it's actually pretty much a story of coincidence. Well as you know we met Ohta San, and we actually were not planning to go to his workshop. We actually stayed there for quite some time till we decided to go, plus the class looked like it was almost full on the roster. So we finally decided $40 each to see the Legend, heck ya! So Terrell went up to the front desk and he asked if there were available slots, and guess what 3 available slots. One for me, Angela, and Terrell. So it was like a struck of luck. As we went there, 3 people wearing UU.com shirts yeah people will look and be inquisitive to what it is, so it was a perfect place to get our name across. So many people in the workshop asked what we were about and we passed those flyers out to some people and actually got a few people interested such as: the Seattle Ukulele Player's Club Association and also a Sunday evening Hawaiian Music DJ. So yeah hopefully it was a productive day and those people we talked to will spread the news and help the site grow and the uu community will grow larger here in the Northwest. :nana:

HPIM0918.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom