PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele Calendar 2011 - It's Ready!

Lori
11-15-2010, 06:56 AM
The 2011 Ukulele Calendar is ready, and here is the link for purchasing it:
Link to my CafePress store
http://www.cafepress.com/UkuleleStore

Direct link to the calendar
http://www.cafepress.com/UkuleleStore.487344151

If you use the link above, it takes you to a page where it is $19.99. If you do a general search on the CafePress store under "ukulele" it's $22.00.

The proceeds will go to a local Los Angeles ukulele program: Ukuleles For Kids – http://www.californiaukulelefestival.com/ukulelesforkids/about.php

–Lori
17701 17702

Jan- Kamaka
Feb- Mya-Moe, Moore Bettah
Mar- Moore Bettah
Apr- KoAloha
May- Mike DaSilva
Jun- Kala/ Makala
July- Mainland
Aug- Dave Talsma
Sept- Kanile'a
Oct- Dave Talsma
Nov- Ohana
Dec- Flea- Magic Fluke

jinny
11-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Yup, already ordered mine... and a couple more...

Mandarb
11-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Looks great. I think I will have to order one.

Chris Tarman
11-15-2010, 08:15 AM
That's going on my Christmas list. Unless I just order it for myself first...

wickedwahine11
11-15-2010, 08:37 AM
That's going on my Christmas list. Unless I just order it for myself first...

Same here. That is my debate. Do I ask for it for Christmas or just order my copy for myself today?

ukecantdothat
11-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Just got mine, too. What an awesome and worthy cause!

Hippie Dribble
11-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Same here. That is my debate. Do I ask for it for Christmas or just order my copy for myself today?

same internal argument going on here!!! The angel on my left shoulder says "wait and let your children buy it for you...they'd love to buy you that...don't spoil their fun at Christmas" while the ol' devil on my right shoulder (who is also responsible for my UAS) says "Nah buddy, you need it now, buy it for yourself....why wait, it's so cheap, go oooon...you know you can't resist"...ooops, I think I feel a little giddy...where's my medication again?........:o

Chap
11-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Buy one, hide it or take it to work, and let the relatives buy you another one for home! It's a good cause. :)

mds725
11-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Lori, Kala Ukulele just posted on Facebook a photo of the calendar and the link to your cafepress.com store. Be prepared for a deluge of calendar orders!

Chris Tarman
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Lori, Kala Ukulele just posted on Facebook a photo of the calendar and the link to your cafepress.com store. Be prepared for a deluge of calendar orders!

I saw that just a few minutes ago too and thought the same thing.

sukie
11-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Why wait 'til they are all gone to maybe get one from relatives? Get it now.

Lori -- that's an awesome calendar. Really nice job.

Took my own advice. Just ordered it. Yay!

Lori
11-15-2010, 05:27 PM

That's fine with me. My work is done. Cafe Press does the rest. All I will have left to do is send a check to the Ukuleles For Kids group. That's the fun part!

–Lori

shrink9
11-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Lori, that calendar is absolutely wonderful. What beautiful pictures! Now, what to do with a calendar (we have totally gone electronic). hmmmmmm There has to be a need somewhere!!!

ukecantdothat
11-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Lori, that calendar is absolutely wonderful. What beautiful pictures! Now, what to do with a calendar (we have totally gone electronic). hmmmmmm There has to be a need somewhere!!!

That's hi-larious, Allen! But I still likes me an "analog" calendar, or "hard" calendar, or a "land" calendar, or whatever they're called now. Of course, we still read "paper" news in my house, even though the LA Times still hasn't quite figured out how to keep the ink on the page and not all over my hands after I've checked to see where a movie is playing. We're kinda funny that way. We even prefer to go to actual "theaters" to look at these moving picture shows with all the surroundy sound and stuff, as opposed to, say, viewing them on 3-inch "smart" phones with a pair of ear buds. Ear buds. I do get a lot out of this new fangled technolgy, though. I am here afterall...

Lori
11-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Hey, I know what you mean. But even though some people call me "gadget girl", I still like to have a calendar on the wall near my computer. I have even decided it was easier to keep track of work hours by writing on a paper calendar... this is from someone that used to track all her work hours/ day on a Palm Pilot! Those old Palm Pilots don't get used these days much (not even sure if I could sync it with my Mac anymore) and I don't have to worry about losing data if the paper calendar crashes.

–Lori

Lori
11-16-2010, 06:06 PM
For any of you out there who want to buy for a group, you will get a discount if you purchase 15 or more calendars at once. The price is reflected in your cart total. So, if you have a big uke group, you can get the calendar for $11 each + $14 shipping (for the group of 15).

–Lori

bbycrts
11-18-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm asking for one for Christmas! Can't wait...fingers crossed I get it. I've been good, Santa!

Chap
11-19-2010, 03:01 AM
Got mine....beautiful, and bigger than I expected! I guess I didn't read closely, I was expecting some 8.5x11 thing....this is big!

guitharsis
11-19-2010, 03:45 AM
Really nice! Looking forward to receiving mine.

Lori
11-19-2010, 05:46 AM
I haven't received mine yet. Maybe today?

–Lori

Miss Michele
11-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Lori, the calendar is BEAUTIFUL!!! What an awesome idea, and for a great cause! I have to wait to order mine next week. I hope they are not all gone by then :/

hoosierhiver
11-19-2010, 09:40 AM
Just got my calandar today. They are really nice quality! Good job Lori!

sukie
11-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Just got my calandar today. They are really nice quality! Good job Lori!

What Hiver said. Now I just have to wait for 2011.

Lori -- I love it. Great idea.

GX9901
11-19-2010, 02:04 PM
I ordered one of these and got it today. It looks really nice but I have a question. On my copy, the holes to hang the calendar is on the bottom of each page. If I hang it like a normal calendar using those holes on the bottom of each page, it looks pretty bad on the wall since the calendar is pretty long and half of it is white/blank (back page of the previous month). Am I missing something? I guess either way I'll figure out a way to hang it. Just wondering if mine had the hole punched in the wrong place or is that just how these calendars are designed.

Lori
11-19-2010, 06:34 PM
I ordered one of these and got it today. It looks really nice but I have a question. On my copy, the holes to hang the calendar is on the bottom of each page. If I hang it like a normal calendar using those holes on the bottom of each page, it looks pretty bad on the wall since the calendar is pretty long and half of it is white/blank (back page of the previous month). Am I missing something? I guess either way I'll figure out a way to hang it. Just wondering if mine had the hole punched in the wrong place or is that just how these calendars are designed.

I just got mine today and the hole is at the top under the wire binding (like it is supposed to be). Cafe Press has satisfaction guaranteed, so I think you should get a free replacement for that one. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out.

–Lori

Lori
11-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Lori, the calendar is BEAUTIFUL!!! What an awesome idea, and for a great cause! I have to wait to order mine next week. I hope they are not all gone by then :/

Cafe Press is Print-on-Demand, so don't worry about them running out. There is no inventory. You order... they print.

–Lori

GX9901
11-20-2010, 06:44 AM
I just got mine today and the hole is at the top under the wire binding (like it is supposed to be). Cafe Press has satisfaction guaranteed, so I think you should get a free replacement for that one. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out.

–Lori

Thanks for the tip. The hole location on your calendar makes much more sense. I'll look into getting a replacement then.

ukecantdothat
11-20-2010, 06:49 AM
Cafe Press is Print-on-Demand, so don't worry about them running out. There is no inventory. You order... they print.

–Lori

This is such an eco-friendly approach to printing! Can't wait for mine to arrive... :nana:

Lori
02-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Just a follow up note... The 2011 Ukulele Calendar project has earned $209 for Ukuleles for Kids program in Southern California. If any more orders get placed, I will pass along the money to them. Thanks to you all for your support! :smileybounce:

If anyone still needs a calendar, they are still available
http://www.cafepress.com/UkuleleStore.487344151

–Lori

mds725
02-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Great news! I hope you have plans for a 2012 ukulele calendar.

BWright
02-13-2011, 02:41 AM
Glad they are still available. I will order today. Beautiful photography!