"The Dayton" Instruments

TwoTrax

Reaction score
Anyone having a Banjo, Banjo Ukulele, Mandolin, Ukulele or Guitar with "The Dayton" out there? They might not even say "The Dayton" but be labeled "The Dayton String Instrument Co." or "Chas. B. Rauch, Dayton, Ohio"????

I'm helping a friend research the instruments and company and have found about 30 instruments surviving. We are interested in the type of instrument and the serial number. Pictures would be great also if possible. Any info will be much appreciated.

Hi! I don't have an info BUT I'm from Dayton and thought that maybe The Hauer Music store might be able to help you. They are family owned in Dayton and started in the 30s. They have an old bajulele displayed on a shelf above their check out. They've always been friendly and helpful. Here's the website. http://www.hauermusic.com/ Maybe they can help? I hope so. Good Luck!

New website to announce.

We now have a website devoted to Chas. B Rauch or The Dayton String Instrument Co. at www.daytonstringinstruments.com. Please check us outy. There is still a lot of work to be done but this is info as up to date as possible.

Anyone having a Banjo, Banjo Ukulele, Mandolin, Ukulele or Guitar with "The Dayton" out there? They might not even say "The Dayton" but be labeled "The Dayton String Instrument Co." or "Chas. B. Rauch, Dayton, Ohio"????

I'm helping a friend research the instruments and company and have found about 30 instruments surviving. We are interested in the type of instrument and the serial number. Pictures would be great also if possible. Any info will be much appreciated.

Top Bottom