Land's End = minimalist ukulele

very cool, takes you on a journey, thanks for the ride.
DAP

Aloha Ken,
Always a pleasure to start the morning with a song from you....thanks for sharing...MM Stan..

Man.....that was good. I couldn't say it better " takes you on a journey" .

Haunting, evocative, comtemplative, exciting, soothing, thoughtful as brought out by your superb improv and the neat fade in fade out pics. Thanks Ken! As always, a class act. Lozark

This is exactly what I needed to unwind after today, thank you for sharing! Very nice!

Hey Ken, sorry to bump such an old thread but i have just passed some time listening to your minimalist pieces.
You now have me curious about this style, what type of resources would you recommend in terms of trying to study this style
and what are some of the different techniques you are using when playing. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hey Ken, sorry to bump such an old thread but i have just passed some time listening to your minimalist pieces.
You now have me curious about this style, what type of resources would you recommend in terms of trying to study this style
and what are some of the different techniques you are using when playing. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

My two favourite minimalist composers are Steve Reich and Philip Glass. Listen to their music. Listen to what is going on. There may be others, but I seem to be the only one taking this style seriously on the ukulele. I will probably do a Minimalism Workshop next year at some of the festivals. Watch out for it. The only other thing I can suggest is to look up the techniques that Reich and Glass use and listen to how I have used some of them in my pieces.

Top Bottom