UU VIP
Reaction score
P1010877.jpg

P1010878.jpg

WOW!

P1010879.jpg

P1010883.jpg

Thanks Chuck!

I joked around with Chuck on one of the threads and asked if he could squeeze me in for my 50th birthday. I liked the uke he had for sale on his website and was bummed that it was already sold. So a few weeks passed and I joked in another thread where he had posted another uke of his and asked how mine was coming along. He replied via email that he had been working on a couple of spec ukes with me in mind. He sent photos once they were done but each uke had things I liked so we decided that we would incorporate the things I liked into one uke. It wasn't really a custom. All I did was pick things that he had already done in his other ukes. I liked that overhanging fretboard with the hook bottom but he said he couldn't bind that fretboard due to the severe curve. So I picked out another wavy overhanging fretboard that I saw in his gallery and he incorporated that into the uke. I grew up in Kane'ohe where geckos run around like they own the place so I wanted a gecko on the headstock. He ended up adding an additional one at the bottom of the fretboard. All in all, I love it. Thanks for a great gift Chuck!

I have to add that Chuck got right on my spec uke after we talked about what I wanted and he mailed it out from Pahoa on Friday, November 12 at 12:08pm. He said I would get it on Monday. On Saturday at 11:22am USPS rang the door bell in Manhattan Beach, CA. Now taking into account that Hawaii is three hours behind CA that would mean the uke was shipped at 3:08pm Pacific and arrived at 11:22 am that would be only 22hr and 15min. Chuck was amazed that I had it because he said it usually takes two days just to get from Pahoa to Honolulu!

The uke is just a work of art. Its nothing close to Sukie's Flamingo uke but its perfect for me.

By the way, today is the Big 5-0 for me!

Last edited:
Aloha and Howzit Bruddah Ronnie,
Congratulations on the new uke day!!!!Your custom Moore Bettah looks awesome....Betcha I know wat you doin' now..he he
Wuz it your birthday, Happy 50th birthday.... I am happy you got it...Woo Wooooooo!!Have Fun and Enjoy!!! Happy Strummings!!! MM Stan..

Last edited:
wow mate!!!! That is gorgeous Ronnie...worth every bit of the suspense. Congratulations!!! So elegant...can't wait for a sound clip!

Congrats Ronnie and welcome to the MB club. I love the gecko at the bottom of the fretboard. Sounds pretty good eh?

Possibly the pkg was mis-delivered. I think it was supposed to come to my house:) Beautiful!!!
DAP

Nice! You gotta post some videos with that baby!

Edit: Oops! Missed the part about today being your 50th birthday. Happy birthday Ronnie! That's a helluva birthday present!

Last edited:
It looks fantastic Ronnie (and I'm sure it sounds even better). What a way to spend the big 5-0. Happy birthday my friend, and enjoy your new beauty. :)

Happy Birthday. Your uke is gorgeous!

Congrats on the gorgeous uke!
Happy Birthday!
How's it sound?

that is one of the sweetest ukes i've ever seen. Just when I thought I might get a honu uke next....

Top Bottom