Good song for beginner to learn.

snowrugby

Reaction score
Hey guys ive been playin a ukulele for a couple weeks now and am startin to get it down, but what i ran into is all the songs ive ran into are really hard for me to play or really easy is there any songs like in the middle ground a bit. Thanks

Aloha Snowrugby,
Welcome to the UU and the forums and the ukulele......google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for awesome video tutorials...they're on You-Tube..
Have fun and enjoy!! visit Dr. Uke(google)for instruction and songs....Happy strummings...MM Stan..

Hi snowrugby, I've been playing more than twice as long as you, (since Apr). What I do to find songs, is visit sites that show chord diagrams and pick the ones that suit my ability. There are many sites to choose from. I'll look up some links if you need help. Have you tried learning, "Somewhere over the rainbow/What a wonderful World" yet? Not too hard and an awesome uke tune.
DAP

the classics

Your Cheating Heart - Hank Williams
Ring Of Fire - Johnny Cash

Beauty of those to - not only are they both simply 3 chord songs, if you play them at a gig you get instant smiles and singalongs

There's a link to a FREE songbook under my signature.

Keep uke'in',

I played more than twice as long as you (since April). What do I find songs is to visit sites that show diagrams of agreements and select those that fit my abilities. There are many places to choose from. Ill get some links if you need help.

atofu, thanks, this looks easy enough for me. I'll try when I get home. You're great teacher potential, good lesson giver man!
DAP

Another great song for beginners is Molly's Lips. Two chords (G and C) are all you need. Enjoy:

Sebi ya'll are so good! yeah, G and C gotta luv um. Have you seen the Jimmy Fallon "office uke" vid? G&C. If not google it, It's on Hulu.
Thanks for posting this,
DAP

Top Bottom