Ain't no pleasin you

Cokecan72

Reaction score
Still on a cockney mission this week, i decided to do this old Chas 'n' Dave classic me ol'cockel... Done on me Oscar Schmidt Ukulele Guvner..

Keep on Strummin :)

Ah Chas and Dave, Great stuff... Spurs are going to Wembley. Your speed strumming
version is a bit different from that old barrelhouse piano that just waddles along.

You realize of course that C&D were the first cockney rap artists with their song "Sideboard"

A pound to a penny no one in Hawaii has ever heard of Chas and Dave.

Aloha Cokecan72,
I think you did a wonderful job and it has that classic sound...Kinda young song, 1982...must have been a big hit in the UK....
Breaking up is hard to do type of song......at least that what it sounds to me....thanks for sharing!!! Happy Strummin's MM Stan..

Ah Chas and Dave, Great stuff... Spurs are going to Wembley. Your speed strumming
version is a bit different from that old barrelhouse piano that just waddles along.

You realize of course that C&D were the first cockney rap artists with their song "Sideboard"

A pound to a penny no one in Hawaii has ever heard of Chas and Dave.

As it happens i did know that and what a great song that is too, But did you know that Dave learnt to play the ukulele and banjo at the age of five. I'm still struggling at the age of 38.. ;)

Plus they invented a whole new genre of music Rockney.. Not bad for a couple of Welly wearing Cockneys

@mmstan as always thank you, your kind words are allways appreciated :) It was a hit in the UK, i dont think that they really got heard much outside of the UK.. Glad you liked it.. Keep on strummin

Last edited:
Thanks, that was great! I admire your strumming skills:)
DAP

Thanks, that was great! I admire your strumming skills:)
DAP

Glad you liked it, thank you for kind comments, its all in the wrist (and maybe 20 odd years of playing the guitar previously to the Uke )

Keep on strummin :)

Top Bottom