Bought my wife a dolphin.

heymak

Reaction score
Every now and then I'll walk into the room and see my wife strumming on my ukulele. She always quickly puts it down like she's been caught in the act. When I ask her if she want one she says no. Mine is set up lefty so it wouldn't work for her. She keeps saying no she's not really interested. Last night I was looking at the dolphin ukes on the internet and ask her if she wants one and again she said no, but she likes the light blue burst color. Ordered it today I hope she likes it.

Mike K

Nicely done! Let's hope she doesn't contract UAS!
Hmmmm, maybe that WOULD be okay.

Congrats.... I'm sure she will like the Dolphin uke. I wish my wife was interested in the uke...

Aloha Mike,
Congrats on recruiting the wife as your playing partner...how cool!! Now when your UAS strikes you...I see no objections when you get the next uke....Happy Strummings!! Have fun and enjoy!!!! MM Stan..

That's way cool! I'd be thrilled if I could just get my wife to stop making fun of me whenever I get one of my ukes out.

You're the man, she'll love it.
DAP

Every now and then I'll walk into the room and see my wife strumming on my ukulele. She always quickly puts it down like she's been caught in the act. When I ask her if she want one she says no. Mine is set up lefty so it wouldn't work for her. She keeps saying no she's not really interested. Last night I was looking at the dolphin ukes on the internet and ask her if she wants one and again she said no, but she likes the light blue burst color. Ordered it today I hope she likes it.

Mike K

She will like it.. probably act like why did you buy that.. then warm up to it... The closest I can get my husband interested in the uke, is painting one. I guess it's better than nothing...

She will like it.. probably act like why did you buy that.. then warm up to it... The closest I can get my husband interested in the uke, is painting one. I guess it's better than nothing...

Seems like you know my wife. She was the same way when I bought a tandem bicycle and she loves that thing now.

Then you are a brilliant husband - they are great ukes.

(plus, if she doesnt like it, you have another for yourself - cant have too many - stick it in the bathroom! ;-) )

Seems like you know my wife. She was the same way when I bought a tandem bicycle and she loves that thing now.

Too funny, I don't know your wife.. but I know women.. because I am one.. I just wish more of your wives would support your playing.. If my husband played uke or any instrument for me or around me.. I would be swooning... (music calms the savage beast you know) I hope you and your wife have a great time with those ukes... just don't play while you are riding that bike.. could be dangerous! Let us know what she says... is it for Christmas (or other holiday gift) or you just going to give it to her?

It's hard to make it a Christmas present. She's the one that's home when the FedEx person comes. I am still learning, I just strum chord progressions while we sit on the patio and she tells me she likes that a lot. Wonder how impressed she'll be when I can play a full song.

Very nice, I am sure she will be thrilled!!! Now you will have a student!!

My wife has no interest in ukulele, BUT... She got into cycling a few years ago and has a nicer road bike than mine (I have a Trek 520, she has a Rivendell). After I had done a couple of multiple-day solo tours, she said she'd like to try that but didn't think she could carry that much gear on her bike. I said "Well, we could get a tandem and use my BoB trailer", fully expecting her to say "Are you out of your tiny little mind???". Instead, she surprised me by saying "Well, we ought to look into that". We ordered a Burley Duet tandem a couple of months later and have now had it for 4 years. It was the best "Couple" purchase we have ever made (well, apart from a house and a washer and dryer, I guess). We LOVE it. I knew I'd done well when we were on a big group ride a few months after we got it and she said "I don't know why more people don't ride tandems!".
Good job on the Dolphin. I've thought about getting one too... you know... for her. Just in case she ever wants to play it.

well done Mike, good on you mate.

I'm sure she'll thank you for years to come...I know this because my wife was initially very sus about the uke, but, fast forward 5 years and some of our happiest times together are spent singing and playing music on our ukuleles. After all, it is the instrument of luuuuuurrrvvvveee:love::love::love:

Got the wife's uke yesterday. While trying to tune it a couple of the strings seem like they are binding in the nut. I'll turn the tuner but it seems to jump in steps instead of moving up in a linear fashion. Do you think this will be resolved when I change out the strings from the stock ones, or should I expect to adjust the nut slots?

Thanks

Mike K

Top Bottom