Trip to Honolulu stress free with my Ukes

Howie1947

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that we had a hassle free trip to and from Honolulu, with Hawaian Airlines. We were never questioned about the ukes being taken on board. As a matter of fact, at San Diego Airport prior to boarding, one of the agents came around checking carry on bags and happily tagged our ukes with an "approved for carry on item" which made our day. There were no concerns at all. Flying back from Honolulu was the same. Hopefully this policy will not change............Howie

Aloha Howie,
Glad to hear you had a great time..and no hassles with the carry ons....did you get your ukes fixed while here(set-up or lower action)MM Stan..

Stan..................had Kamaka check my 6-string tenor out. They tightened the tuning keys a bit, but found nothing abnormal, also had new set of strings put on. If I continue to have issues, they said they would put new tuning keys on my next trip to Honolulu. Had MGM check out my Martin Tenor, he said it looked great, action set fine..........Howie

What kind of issues were you having with your 6 string? Were they the old friction tuners or the geared? Oops, just saw on your sig line that its a vintage. You might just but the tuners and hold them for later. There is a tension spring that wears out with time. Its an easy switch out. I've done it on a friend's white label.

Ronnie, Actually it is a brand new Kamaka. Having issues with it staying in tune. Two strings in particular..........the C & E strings (largest). See my previous posts regarding my uke. These are geared tuners............Howie

It is great to hear that you actually got service from an airline. You visited Kamaka, you lucky dog.

Top Bottom