PDA

View Full Version : New KoAloha bridges coming out

Ronnie Aloha
11-18-2010, 04:16 AM
New KoAloha bridge available on concerts and sopranos. Switching from the knotted ties to lace ties.

Howie1947
11-18-2010, 04:23 AM
They look pretty nice.............

Johnny Calzone
11-18-2010, 04:37 AM
Bummer... I planned on getting a soprano sometime next year and I really prefer knot-bridges. Here's hoping they won't switch to tie ones too fast.

cletus
11-18-2010, 04:41 AM
Why is KoAloha switching the bridges, or is it an option for either?

mm stan
11-18-2010, 04:44 AM
Aloha Bruddah Ronnie,

Looks like a nice upgrade...not sure about the etched name tho....Mahalo for sharing..
I hope you're enjoying the Mo Betta...it's a beauty!!! Have Fun and enjoy!!!Happy strummings Bruddah!! MM Stan..

wickedwahine11
11-18-2010, 04:52 AM
I like it. Now if they would just change the bridge on the tenors. :)

The_Oddness_of_It_All
11-18-2010, 04:53 AM
Whoa I think thats pretty cool!

olgoat52
11-18-2010, 05:54 AM
New KoAloha bridge available on concerts and sopranos. Switching from the knotted ties to lace ties.

I think the brand or engraved logo is a bit much. The headstock logo should suffice. probably just the photo but I don't see where the lace holes are.

Ronnie Aloha
11-18-2010, 05:56 AM
I think the brand or engraved logo is a bit much. The headstock logo should suffice. probably just the photo but I don't see where the lace holes are.
Pre drilling on the bridge.

O

haolejohn
11-18-2010, 05:56 AM
I like it. Now if they would just change the bridge on the tenors. :)

To a crown???

micromue
11-18-2010, 06:17 AM
What´s wrong with the "old" bridge? I already find the koaloha logo on my headstock, the soundhole and the tuning knobs. Which is fine by me, but I wouldn´t like to see another branding on the bridge. Looks a bit "plastered" to me.

Uncle Rod Higuchi
11-18-2010, 06:31 AM
KoAloha has a nice logo (to me), so I like the name on the new bridge.

Lori
11-18-2010, 06:51 AM
I like it! I would like to see that on a D-VI.

–Lori

wickedwahine11
11-18-2010, 07:27 AM
To a crown???

Yep. I wish...

Chap
11-18-2010, 07:33 AM
There's only so much "branding" I want to see on a uke. Glad I got mine before they change it.

janeray1940
11-18-2010, 07:37 AM
There's only so much "branding" I want to see on a uke. Glad I got mine before they change it.

Agree completely. One of the things that skews my K-brand preference toward Kamaka is that they are much more low-key in their branding.

misterpk
11-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Agree completely. One of the things that skews my K-brand preference toward Kamaka is that they are much more low-key in their branding.

I don't mean any disrespect but I don't see how Kamaka is low-key in their branding compared to any of the other K brand ukes. I can see it vs. KoAloha as they have a logo, unique headstock AND soundhole, but all the other K brands (including Kamaka) have their logo on the headstock and have a different headstock.

But I may be blind and missing something. :)

janeray1940
11-18-2010, 08:05 AM
I can see it vs. KoAloha as they have a logo, unique headstock AND soundhole

That's pretty much what I was referring to :) I'd add to that the logos on the tuning pegs too.

Sorry I wasn't clear, the morning caffeine hasn't kicked in yet!

misterpk
11-18-2010, 08:43 AM
That's pretty much what I was referring to :) I'd add to that the logos on the tuning pegs too.

Sorry I wasn't clear, the morning caffeine hasn't kicked in yet!

Ha! I totally forgot that KoAloha puts their name on the tuning pegs. My soprano has those. I mostly play tenor though so it slipped my mind. I think their soundhole has something to do with their tone, so I'm ok with something like that provided it delivers a sound I like. :) Plus it reminds me of a musubi and I'm a big fan of musubi (the traditional ones with the pickled plum in the middle and not the rectangular spam ones, even though I love those too!).

But to put the thread back on track, I'm not a big fan of the new bridge either. It has nothing to do with their name being on it, I just don't like the shape. Would I buy a KoAloha with that bridge? Heck yeah! I'm that much of a fan boy! :p

casarole45
11-18-2010, 08:58 AM
I really like it. It's a cool script.

olgoat52
11-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Ha! I totally forgot that KoAloha puts their name on the tuning pegs. My soprano has those. I mostly play tenor though so it slipped my mind. I think their soundhole has something to do with their tone, so I'm ok with something like that provided it delivers a sound I like. :) Plus it reminds me of a musubi and I'm a big fan of musubi (the traditional ones with the pickled plum in the middle and not the rectangular spam ones, even though I love those too!).

But to put the thread back on track, I'm not a big fan of the new bridge either. It has nothing to do with their name being on it, I just don't like the shape. Would I buy a KoAloha with that bridge? Heck yeah! I'm that much of a fan boy! :p

You're just missing the concert.. What are you waiting for??? ;)

misterpk
11-18-2010, 09:11 AM
You're just missing the concert.. What are you waiting for??? ;)

Hehe. If I got a concert I'd have to buy a super concert because I prefer the tenor neck.

I'm waiting because I'm holding out for a custom. :)

haolejohn
11-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Yep. I wish...

You and me both sistah:)

Derg
11-18-2010, 10:01 AM
I love my KoAloha (longneck pineapple), but one of my favourite things about it (apart from the sound that is), is the simple little bridge. I like the tie option on bridges for the solidity of it, but as far as aesthetics go, the "disappearing strings" thing of the knot bridge just looks so cool.

One thing I will say is I feel like I can't really tell what that new bridge looks like until I see it mounted on a body with strings attached. For now it just looks like a lump of wood.

cletus
11-18-2010, 10:19 AM

Yes, I'm with you on that!

Hippie Dribble
11-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Don't much like the new bridge either. Too ostentatious for us simple folk.

Ingrate
11-18-2010, 12:25 PM
All "Pre-Branded-Bridge" KoAlohas will increase in value, methinks. I also prefer the plain bridge. I suppose it could be due to the fact that I have one, but my first impression on seeing the prototype was that it was gaudy. I hope they don't do this.

Edit: I've looked at the prototype several times. It gets worse every time. Is this a PShop joke?

Lexxy
11-18-2010, 12:30 PM
I still love my crown Bridge :)

uke5417
11-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Ditto on the branding bit. I've long admired the KoAloha concerts. Were I to get one, the first thing I'd do is call to see if I could have it way old-style, including dropping the crown from the headstock. Stealth styling on one of the world's most playable ukes. How cool is that?

haole
11-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Curious to see what it will look like on a uke, with strings.

experimentjon
11-18-2010, 05:58 PM
I actually like it. First, I think tie bridge is an upgrade...although I'm not sure on a concert/soprano, since all of mine are knot bridges...and I fear that this bridge may be a bit big for the top.

But I do like the KoAloha engraving on it. And if you order a custom you can probably get whatever you want engraved on there instead. And that'd be cool...on the other hand...if it were a custom, I'd get a crown bridge. :P

iDavid
11-19-2010, 02:48 AM
I really don't care for it. I like the the older one. I was planning on getting a soprano in the coming months and I hope the older version is still around.

guitharsis
11-19-2010, 03:37 AM
Not crazy about it. Like the ones I have.

molokinirum
11-19-2010, 05:57 AM
Very nice, second best to the crown bridge!!!