New KoAloha bridges coming out

Ronnie Aloha

Mahalo Sen. Dan, R.I.P.
UU+
UU VIP
Reaction score
New KoAloha bridge available on concerts and sopranos. Switching from the knotted ties to lace ties.

20101116-1248371.jpg

Last edited:
They look pretty nice.............

Bummer... I planned on getting a soprano sometime next year and I really prefer knot-bridges. Here's hoping they won't switch to tie ones too fast.

Why is KoAloha switching the bridges, or is it an option for either?

Aloha Bruddah Ronnie,

Looks like a nice upgrade...not sure about the etched name tho....Mahalo for sharing..
I hope you're enjoying the Mo Betta...it's a beauty!!! Have Fun and enjoy!!!Happy strummings Bruddah!! MM Stan..

New KoAloha bridge available on concerts and sopranos. Switching from the knotted ties to lace ties.

View attachment 17766

I think the brand or engraved logo is a bit much. The headstock logo should suffice. probably just the photo but I don't see where the lace holes are.

What´s wrong with the "old" bridge? I already find the koaloha logo on my headstock, the soundhole and the tuning knobs. Which is fine by me, but I wouldn´t like to see another branding on the bridge. Looks a bit "plastered" to me.

KoAloha has a nice logo (to me), so I like the name on the new bridge.

There's only so much "branding" I want to see on a uke. Glad I got mine before they change it.

Agree completely. One of the things that skews my K-brand preference toward Kamaka is that they are much more low-key in their branding.

I don't mean any disrespect but I don't see how Kamaka is low-key in their branding compared to any of the other K brand ukes. I can see it vs. KoAloha as they have a logo, unique headstock AND soundhole, but all the other K brands (including Kamaka) have their logo on the headstock and have a different headstock.

But I may be blind and missing something. :)

I can see it vs. KoAloha as they have a logo, unique headstock AND soundhole

That's pretty much what I was referring to :) I'd add to that the logos on the tuning pegs too.

Sorry I wasn't clear, the morning caffeine hasn't kicked in yet!

That's pretty much what I was referring to :) I'd add to that the logos on the tuning pegs too.

Sorry I wasn't clear, the morning caffeine hasn't kicked in yet!

Ha! I totally forgot that KoAloha puts their name on the tuning pegs. My soprano has those. I mostly play tenor though so it slipped my mind. I think their soundhole has something to do with their tone, so I'm ok with something like that provided it delivers a sound I like. :) Plus it reminds me of a musubi and I'm a big fan of musubi (the traditional ones with the pickled plum in the middle and not the rectangular spam ones, even though I love those too!).

But to put the thread back on track, I'm not a big fan of the new bridge either. It has nothing to do with their name being on it, I just don't like the shape. Would I buy a KoAloha with that bridge? Heck yeah! I'm that much of a fan boy! :p

Top Bottom