Using a (guitar) pick?

SinisterDom

Reaction score
I mean, is it really so bad to? I play with Felt, Wedgies, My fingers, and I also like the "crisp" sound a thin Fender Cali. Clear makes. Why does everyone seem so opposed to picks? Even most people seem against felts. I like to play it all :)

Why does everyone seem so opposed to picks?

Pick as you please, rock the free world! But beware lest you be ousted from the uke community, soft and cuddly on the outside but rock hard and clique-ified on the inside. Many radicalist groups such as the "1-Inch Thumbnails", the "Soprano Inferiority Complex Correction Squad", "People with Manner Play the Tenor" and others exist. Needless to mention the group found in dark alleys and behind trash containers, ready to strike on those who dare to jump out of the mold. Their name is not spoken on these forums, but I will leave you with their secret slogan: "If you use a pick, you are a ....".

So basically, the rule of thumb is to be quiet about your preferences, stay out of dark alleys, and create a rocking video on an anonymous account to prove them all wrong :nana:

I guess uke players just like to fondle their baby as much as possible. Nylon over skin, many fall for it. Just do your thing and rock that uke.

Lots of people use picks so don't succumb to peer pressure. I play guitar so I have used picks forever. The only reason I don't use picks on my uke is because I like the sound of my nails and fingers. Herb Ohta jr. uses Thumb picks and I 've seen James hill and Abe Lagrimas, Jr. use picks to play fast stuff. So don't sweat it keep rockin'!:music:

It comes down to personal preference and no one is gonna knock you if do use on or you don't use one. Here's a similar thread and this one as well.

Pick as you please, rock the free world! But beware lest you be ousted from the uke community, soft and cuddly on the outside but rock hard and clique-ified on the inside. Many radicalist groups such as the "1-Inch Thumbnails", the "Soprano Inferiority Complex Correction Squad", "People with Manner Play the Tenor" and others exist. Needless to mention the group found in dark alleys and behind trash containers, ready to strike on those who dare to jump out of the mold. Their name is not spoken on these forums, but I will leave you with their secret slogan: "If you use a pick, you are a ....".

So basically, the rule of thumb is to be quiet about your preferences, stay out of dark alleys, and create a rocking video on an anonymous account to prove them all wrong

I guess uke players just like to fondle their baby as much as possible. Nylon over skin, many fall for it. Just do your thing and rock that uke.

lmao!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl: :worship::worship:

So basically, the rule of thumb is to be quiet about your preferences, stay out of dark alleys, and create a rocking video on an anonymous account to prove them all wrong :nana:

Uke Society Policy: "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." Opps, this policy is for a different subject. Never mind.

LMFAOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! definetly the funniest thing i have heard from you, and 1 of the best i have heard on the forum...

LMAO...

... chest is starting to hurt :eek:
any1 know why?? :confused:

finger makes a better sound than a piece of plastic or felt etc.. :music:

Top Bottom