Uke at Work

Eriquito

Reaction score
:D

Just brought my old Hilo to work with me today...I'm a teacher so now instead of grading and getting stuff done during my planning period I can happily strum and think of warmer climates....anyone else bring a uke to work?

Seriously though, I might have to take it home...its going to be hard to actually do work if I know my little friend is in my desk drawer just waiting to be played

I would just play it when you get caught up with your work...not before...Have Fun and enjoy!!! Happy strummings!!
Might even be a teaching tool...depends on what you teach...eh.....MM Stan..

I actually have to take my uke to work today, as I have a small gig afterwards and no time to go back home to get it. Alas, I probably won't get to play it; I have an office-mate who hangs around during my office hours, and then I have to give a three-hour lecture on fairy tales. However, it will keep me company.

A three hour lecture on fairy tales?! That sounds like it could be pretty cool. I know the Grimm stuff is actually pretty brutal but I know very little beyond that.

I suppose I could use it to teach but there are two types of Spanish teachers...those that sing to their students and those that don't. I feel bad inflicting my voice on involuntary children. It could permanently damage them musically...;-)

I bring one to work more often than not. At least every Wednesday, as that's kanikapila night. But if I know I'm staying in the office for lunch, I'll bring one...just close the door to my office and try to play quietly.

~Michael

When I take my uke to work with me, I go in play it in the car during lunch. It's a great stress reducer. I just have to find a parking space with shade.
–Lori

A three hour lecture on fairy tales?! That sounds like it could be pretty cool. I know the Grimm stuff is actually pretty brutal but I know very little beyond that.

I suppose I could use it to teach but there are two types of Spanish teachers...those that sing to their students and those that don't. I feel bad inflicting my voice on involuntary children. It could permanently damage them musically...;-)

Have them write parodies in Spanish.. you play.. they sing.. perfect!

I bring mine occasionally. Not as much lately since I've been busier. Once I was even asked to play at an office party.

~DB

I have the rare privilege of having uke playing form a large part of my work. As an aged carer and part time Diversional Therapist, I get to play and sing every day!!! I feel very blessed.:)

I keep one at work, and it's proved to be very popular with lots of staff and clients.
I'm a mental health nurse, and some of my clients have used it as a way of chilling out. Far better then Diazepam and saving the NHS lots of cash!!!! One of the Psychiatrists even has a strum on occasions!!

I keep a flea tenor in my office, and when I stay at work for a while after hours, I'll take a break and play the uke. My "fancy" ukulele (Hone Traditional tenor) comes to work with me on Mondays and Tuesdays because I have an ukulele class after work on those days. One time, a co-worker asked me to accompany her as she sang "Aloha Oe" at another co-worker's goodbye lunch.

I'm a supply teacher, so I sometimes take it to work if I'm going to be teaching Kindergarten or Grade One. The kids love singing the Alphabet Song and Old Macdonald Had A Farm. Last time it took them a while to get in to it; I don't think those kids have ever had any experience with live music, which I find sad.

I am a database admin/programmer and I take my uke to work on a regular basis.
I close my office door at lunch and play. In nice weather I walk to the nearby park, find a shady spot and play.
I also have a guitar hanging on the wall for days I don't bring a ukulele.

I just started doing this. Amen to the stress reliever, We have a huge Gajumaru tree outside our office so that is where I spend my lunch hour when the weather is nice. My afternoons are usually much better when I do this.

Top Bottom