Opinions on the Amuse Sekiguchi?

commandercup

Reaction score
Anyone have one and would care to comment as to whether or not it's worth buying? I want a beater uke that I can lug around everywhere and anywhere regardless of temperature and humidity without a case. Plastic is probably my best choice and I'm looking for a nice plastic soprano. The Amuse seems nice and MGM's youtube sound sample sounds great, but Ukisociety's sample makes it seem subpar.

I've been trying to buy a carnival or islander uke off eBay, but the prices always get pretty high and they are usually damaged.

Does the Amuse sound good? Is it built well?

Oh and I did a search, but I couldn't find anything... Seems surprising considering that the Amuse has been stocked by MGM for a while now?

I recommend it. Sekiguchi is ukulele collector and musician who is very famous in Japan. As for Amuse uke, enough strength, bright sound and cute looks are guaranteed. It was released about four years ago, but it is hard to get and very rare items. Enjoy plastic uke!

I recommend it.

I just bought one a couple of weeks ago. I'm very happy with it. The sound is good and the intonation is dead on. But I guess you'd expect that from something that's molded. I think the quality and attention to detail is very good. I replaced the strings with some good ones I had laying about and it made the sound even better. I got the orange "Pineapple" version. Some people might think you're crazy for spending that much money for a plastic uke but this one is not a toy; it's a real player. I recommend getting one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom