"Sleep Song" - Original - with VOCALS... kind of

Dane

Reaction score
"Sleep Song" - Original Song - Rough Draft/Idea

Nothing like playing your uke at a whisper (while whispering) in the night with the window open during a little rain.

I say Rough Draft/Idea because with my limited recording and editing equipment, I can't really do what I'd like. And also since I never sing or speak while playing for the most part it is difficult to get back into it, so full of mistakes and blah blah and so forth. I thought the whispering might be a good way of avoiding singing, but lets call it "creative"

So tell me what you think.

All photographs are mine, some crap I had laying around from a few years ago, sorry for the muddy colors, color space for windows movie maker is sRGB (or worse, I'm not even sure) and everything got muddy'd up.

Last edited:
Hey Great song, and a sweet video to boot.. The only thing with the whispering is that it is really hard to hear what your Whispering about, which is a shame.. But it is a great consept of a song.. Good job..
Could you do seperate Strumming and singing tracks then mix them together ??? Might help you ?? :)

Hey Great song, and a sweet video to boot.. The only thing with the whispering is that it is really hard to hear what your Whispering about, which is a shame.. But it is a great consept of a song.. Good job..
Could you do seperate Strumming and singing tracks then mix them together ??? Might help you ?? :)

Yeah I might try again tonight. I'm using movie maker which is a pain in the buttocks when you want to do more than 2 audio tracks, and there is such a fine line where if whispering is too loud it's creepy you know? Do you think just having the uke part lowered might help?

I also want to add more lyrics to it so it's not so repetitive, but I'm having trouble coming up with more, maybe if I focus on the lyrics simply as a poem it will be easier?

Top Bottom