Thoughts on KA-SMHT?

ytmr

Reaction score
Hey guys, as you might have read, I went with my friend to a shop to buy HER uke, and guess what? I was tempted myself. The KA-SMHT, all-solid mahogany tenor looks beautiful, and sounded sweet for the few seconds I played it, any thoughts on that? :D

I saw a cutaway model on e-bay, also solid, for a very short while, and the blurp was, that it was the latest Kala, made even thinner......out of solid mahogany. In one part of the blurp a (suggestive) question was raised, which sounded something like: why buy a Martin when you can...... As I do not know what a Martin Tenor Ukulele sounds like, and going on the credibility and experience of this merchant, I think the KA SMHT is value for money.

I was tempted myself. The KA-SMHT, all-solid mahogany tenor looks beautiful, and sounded sweet for the few seconds I played it, any thoughts on that? :D

Since you have the opportunity, play it for five minutes.

I had the concert it's very mellow sounding especially with worth browns. It looks beautiful very classy. I prefer brighter sounding ones so sold it for a misi pickup for my mainland

I second what raecarter said. It's really mellow. I played one in a local music store, it was a Kala ASMC-CE i think. Mahogany wood probably makes it sound alot more mellow than Koa i guess?

Between this and a Mainland Mahogany tenor, which would sound mellower? My flame maple with a spruce top is really bright, so I thought I'd look for something mellow this time.

I guess I'll make a thread that states that clearly so I'll get some replies! Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom