Uke Progress!

musiccityuker

Reaction score
This board and ALL of the people on it are awesome! I'm still a newbie with my ukes (my mid-life crisis is UAS) but have learned so much from sooo many people here. Decided early this morning that I wanted to install a pickup on my Pono. Got on the boards... got some advice on a K&K Twin vs an Under saddle MiSi. I made a decision, purchased a K&K Twin ($55 on sale) from a local Guitar store (Artisan) in Franklin, TN... and installed it tonight! Works like a charm and I didn't ruin my uke! I impressed my wife along the way too... both because I managed not to destroy anything and... I saved money doing it myself! I love my uke! Anyway... just had to emote!

Last edited:
Good job! I would have ended up either destroying my uke or somehow lopping off my hand. I'm just that unskilled.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing... what uke did you put it in?

Gmoney... It was a Pono PCO... bought it about two years ago. Best action I've ever experienced in an uke (effortless playing) but has very little volume. Now it has a bunch... and I can add a little chorus or reverb to sweeten the sound!

I'm going to have to drive up to Artisan over the holidays - they are mentioned pretty often & look like they know their stringed instruments. Did you get the smaller "vintage" jack or the regular 1/2" jack? I may put one in my Fender acoustic guitar as well.

Aloha MusicCityUker,
Congrats on the install, nice story thanks for sharing....Now you can take the wife out for dinner!!! MM Stan..

There is a satisfaction in "doing it yourself" that is hard to beat, and when you can impress the wife at the same time that's just gravy!

Top Bottom