The make of a uke I bought, and treating the wood

TheCommieDuck

Reaction score
I bought, or will be bought as a gift, a uke from the local music store. Well, technically it's a present for me but I had to choose. :p
The confusing bit is that on the headstock (assuming that's what it's called) it says Barnes and Mullins. However, it was in the range with Brunswicks. And the model is a BU4C (which I think is Brunswick), and the sticker inside says Brunswick on it too.

I am confused. Can anyone shed any light?
I really do like it though. It sounds good, looks nice, and wasn't too expensive.

The other thing is my dad said the wood wasn't treated, and would absorb any sweat. He's saying to rub it with beeswax to protect it, is this right? Or is it already treated?

"Barnes & Mullins are a TRADE ONLY distributor representing some of the biggest musical brands available."
Taken from their website:
http://www.bandm.co.uk/

I have never touched one of those ukes but it is possible that it has a satin finish. I would be surprised if it has no finish. Not so sure about beeswax, maybe some of the builders around here will comment on that idea.

I would never put any wax on any of my ukes, if it needed repair or refinish, I am not even sure if you can get it out all completely as it would be needed to..

is it one of these?

0b12df72-9aba-44b5-a709-3b9a9f8e30a2.jpg

In which case, firstly I'm jealous, secondly, I'm keen to know how it plays, and thirdly, you dont need to add wax

Top Bottom