Song Help Request Prelude from Bach violin partita 3 (BWV 1006)

mojones

Reaction score
I am working on a low G uke arrangement of this piece, but I am having trouble figuring out where to place the octave changes. Does anyone know of an existing ukulele arrangement for me to look at? I think there is a recording by John King, but I have not seen it tabbed out anywhere.

I know I've got a ukulele book by John King with tabs and scores in it, and if I'm not mistaken, I think the score you're looking for is in it. But I've gotta dig it out of my basement first. I'm gonna catch a flight home tonight, and I'll get back to you tomorrow or the next day to let you know whats up... sound good?

I know I've got a ukulele book by John King with tabs and scores in it, and if I'm not mistaken, I think the score you're looking for is in it.
Actually, it's not in his classical book. The two Bach preludes in that book are BWV 846 and 1007.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, King's transcriptions were exclusively for re-entrant tuning. I'm not aware of any where he used low G. He was big on the "campanella" style.

Yes, the John King book is excellent, but it doesn't have the piece I'm looking for. I will be sure to post the tab here when I'm done though.

This TAB/arrangement starts the piece at 19th fret!!!

I think that's why the original poster was pondering about where to place the octave changes....... It looks like a neat arrangement but too challenging for me. I can't play this piece on a guitar. No change on ukulele :-(

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Chief

PS: I just noticed. The low G string is tuned to G#. That's cool.

Thanks for the link to ukulelehunt. That is certainly a difficult arrangement! I am planning to make one which doesn't encompass such a large range, so will hopefully be a little easier to play.

Hi folks

I started to fool around this piece (Lute Suite IV, Prelude, BMW 1006a) (identical to violin partita, I think), but I transposed it to G major. My book had 6 pages of black dots and I'm about 2/3 through. Busy time of the year, exams and such. Maybe I'll post a partial incomplete TAB shortly, if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Chief

I started to fool around this piece (Lute Suite IV, Prelude, BMW 1006a) (identical to violin partita, I think), but I transposed it to G major. My book had 6 pages of black dots and I'm about 2/3 through. Busy time of the year, exams and such. Maybe I'll post a partial incomplete TAB shortly, if anyone is interested.
Chief, I love your transcriptions and check your site regularly for new ones, which doesn't happen often enough for me. But I can be patient and wait for your final version. :)

Top Bottom