Fluke Company moving to Sheffield Mass.

Ajay

Reaction score
Magic Fluke is moving from Connecticut to Sheffield, Mass. in the Berkshires. Apparently they outgrew their old building. Business is good.

Here's an article about them: http://newhartfordplus.com/?p=29438

The move is very welcomed by me, as their new location is about 10 minutes from my house! We'll be visiting after they get settled in.

Aloha Ajay,
Welcome to the UU and our forums...
Thank-you for sharing the story...I appriicate it very much....

Aloha Ajay,
Welcome to the UU and our forums...
Thank-you for sharing the story...I appriicate it very much....

Thanks Stan. I've been reading UU for a while. This is a great online community. I've learned a lot from these boards.

I paid a visit to the current location last week and came home with a new soprano flea. Everybody there was extremely nice and a pleasure to deal with. They are planning on hosting ukulele workshops and performances at the new place as well as building fleas and flukes.

Mitch

Great. Maybe they'll have a uke sale-a-thon to celebrate their new location!

It would be very dangerous for me to live that close to them. I would be there all the time. They'd probably file a restraining order on me.

It would be very dangerous for me to live that close to them. I would be there all the time. They'd probably file a restraining order on me.

Chris, do you like them that much? I have been looking at them.. not getting a new uke anytime soon.. but if I was... Poiple has caught my eye. I don't even put my uke down without zipping it up. Between 3 kids and 4 cats, it just wouldn't be safe. I believe that a fluke or flea would be...

Well, I have a Flea that I like a lot. I'm just sort of remembering when I was in 7th grade and had just moved to a new town... I had tropical fish. There was an aquarium shop about a 5 minute walk from our apartment complex. I was there pretty much ALL the time if I wasn't in school. I would have happily done volunteer work there. I'm sure I drove them all insane, although they never acted like I did, and actually seemed to encourage my interest in fish-keeping (pretty nice of them, considering that I was a 13 year old with very little money!).
So, I don't know if I would be buying many more Fleas/Flukes, but I could easily imagine that I would hang out there as much as they would let me, just because it would be cool to watch. But I guess I'd probably end up buying a few more if I were that close. Maybe I could work them off by sweeping up or making tea or something.
Fleas are pretty cool little things, and I think every uke player ought to have one, just for something different and non-traditional. They feel and sound surprisingly good. Flukes... not so much (for me at least). They SOUND good, but aren't as comfortable to hold as Fleas (but that's just my opinion).

(I wrote the first post in this thread using my wife's UU account. I figured to avoid confusion, I better register separately for myself.)

Anyway... I just got back from my first visit to the Fluke Company. It was great!

The owners, Phyllis and Dale, could not have been nicer. Their building was beautiful. They showed me the assembly area, which was busy. They had a retail area too with some very good looking seconds. I was very impressed with the entire set-up.

They are still in the process of getting settled in, but the place looks fantastic. That was so much fun. I will surely be buying a uke from them in the near future.

Top Bottom