Demo of the Harmony GXT from TC Helicon with the Uke

boundless

Reaction score

While this is by no means a full demonstration of the Harmony GXT, it certainly answers any question as to whether it can be used with a ukulele.

The set is:

"After You're Gone" (No harmony on this one)
"The Girl from Ipanema" (Harmonies activated in real time...)
"L.O.V.E."
"Walk Right Back" (Harmony throughout)

Yeah, 3 of the 4 are repeat posts for my channel, but whaddya gonna do?

I'm really only using one setting here - 1 higher voice. But it will actually provide 2 harmony voices with many choices: Higher, High, Low, Lower, and Octave.

There are also many different FX settings, each with 3 different "choices". I'm using the default "Hall" reverb, but there is also "Room", "Echo", "Slap", "Combi", and "SFX"

For my purposes - which is performance in open mics - and the style I play, the setting I'm using is just right and doing too much else would be overkill.

I HIGHLY recommend the unit for those who want to enhance their performances. It works wonderfully, though I did need a pre-amp to get the best results.

I'm playing my Kala Acacia tenor which has been outfitted with a Mi-Si Acoustic Trio pickup. My other Kala with a passive pickup created too much of a hum when I'd plug it into the systems where I'd do open mics, so I had to "upgrade" the pickup technology.

I know I look a little "distressed." I was. I kept getting interrupted and was over it. :) Sorry for the mic in my face, but hey - that's show business.

That is one SWEET contraption! (and as usual, great performance) - I went to their web page & the second video w/several examples recorded w/acoustic guitar are simply stunning. Too late for Santa, but going to have to have one of these for the next birthday.

The second video on this page is the one that I referred to.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/voicetone-harmony-gxt-is-launched/

Last edited:
Plus, like I commented on Bob's YT page, you don't have to feed it, or split the take with it. Pretty amazing stuff. Of course, it helps if you have a great voice, as Bob does - the machine needs something to work with lol.

Top Bottom