Demo of the Harmony GXT from TC Helicon with the Uke

boundless

Reaction score

While this is by no means a full demonstration of the Harmony GXT, it certainly answers any question as to whether it can be used with a ukulele.

The set is:

"After You're Gone" (No harmony on this one)
"The Girl from Ipanema" (Harmonies activated in real time...)
"L.O.V.E."
"Walk Right Back" (Harmony throughout)

Yeah, 3 of the 4 are repeat posts for my channel, but whaddya gonna do?

I'm really only using one setting here - 1 higher voice. But it will actually provide 2 harmony voices with many choices: Higher, High, Low, Lower, and Octave.

There are also many different FX settings, each with 3 different "choices". I'm using the default "Hall" reverb, but there is also "Room", "Echo", "Slap", "Combi", and "SFX"

For my purposes - which is performance in open mics - and the style I play, the setting I'm using is just right and doing too much else would be overkill.

I HIGHLY recommend the unit for those who want to enhance their performances. It works wonderfully, though I did need a pre-amp to get the best results.

I'm playing my Kala Acacia tenor which has been outfitted with a Mi-Si Acoustic Trio pickup. My other Kala with a passive pickup created too much of a hum when I'd plug it into the systems where I'd do open mics, so I had to "upgrade" the pickup technology.

I know I look a little "distressed." I was. I kept getting interrupted and was over it. :) Sorry for the mic in my face, but hey - that's show business.

Yep it's great to be able to knock out a "fuller" performance without needing another person. That said, I still want to form a band. :)

Top Bottom