Celtic bluegrass?

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here is a video of a bluegrass favourite that I arranged in a Celtic style.

West Fork Gals

Hope you enjoy.

The arrangement can be found in my eBook: 12 Tunes for Bluegrass Ukulele.

Ken, your vids are always engrossing right to the end and this one doesn't disapoint, A mighty fine piece, lovely sound, great picking.. as always a top job

Aloha Ken,
Always a pleasure, I like this one, it has a sweet melody....nice picking too..Mahalo for sharing!!!! MM Stan....

Very nice Ken and as always your videos are some of the best. Thanks for sharing a beautiful song!

Aloha Ken,
Always a pleasure, I like this one, it has a sweet melody....nice picking too..Mahalo for sharing!!!! MM Stan....

Thanks Stan. I don't know why I have never videoed this before.

Very nice Ken and as always your videos are some of the best. Thanks for sharing a beautiful song!

Kind of you to say so, Bart. Thanks.

Ken, your vids are always engrossing right to the end and this one doesn't disapoint, A mighty fine piece, lovely sound, great picking.. as always a top job

Thanks for the kind words.

I love your signature. It strikes a true chord with me. My dad was driving around quite merrily until about two weeks before he died (a few days away from the age of 99). I think he drove by intuition, because he certainly couldn't see through his specs. Mercifully, after driving for 85 years he never had a serious accident.

Great tune and playing as always. Is that just one uke playing or did you overdub a second?
btw I seem to remember hearing (or reading) that alot of bluegrass music was just reworked music that came over on the boat, so it would make sense to me that celtic music and bluegrass music were closely related. could be wrong.

Great tune and playing as always. Is that just one uke playing or did you overdub a second?
btw I seem to remember hearing (or reading) that alot of bluegrass music was just reworked music that came over on the boat, so it would make sense to me that celtic music and bluegrass music were closely related. could be wrong.

Thanks. I added the rhythm track afterwards just to show what it sounds like when you add the chords to the tab.

You are certainly correct that many folk songs went over to the US from England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland as well as lots of other countries. Many of these found their way into the bluegrass repertoire.

Here is a video of a bluegrass favourite that I arranged in a Celtic style.

West Fork Gals

Hope you enjoy.

The arrangement can be found in my eBook: 12 Tunes for Bluegrass Ukulele.

Hi Ken:

I really am enjoying a bunch of your videos. My son is home on leave from the US Army and we are watching a bunch of your videos. We had a little holiday jam session last night at my parents' home. We plan another get-together over the Christmas holiday when Dustin is home on leave then, too. I brought three ukes to the event last night.

That was beautiful. I strive to someday be able to pick have as well as you.
Thank you.
Roxhum

Hi Ken:

I really am enjoying a bunch of your videos. My son is home on leave from the US Army and we are watching a bunch of your videos. We had a little holiday jam session last night at my parents' home. We plan another get-together over the Christmas holiday when Dustin is home on leave then, too. I brought three ukes to the event last night.

Thanks Pippin. I have quite a few like this that I have not yet recorded. I am just working on two different versions of Blackberry Blossom, one in swing time, the other straight. I will record one of them as soon as I can play it.

That was beautiful. I strive to someday be able to pick have as well as you.
Thank you.
Roxhum

Thanks very much. Three tips to help you:

1. Smooth, carefully-shaped fingernails.
2. Learn to use the thumb and the first three fingers of the right hand.
3. Learn to read tab quickly and accurately.

The instrument you play it on doesn't really matter that much.

Top Bottom