Got My Fluke!

Eriquito

Reaction score
Finally came in the mail...my (slightly) used concert fluke! I've only ever played a soprano before so it is strange to hear the differences between them. The fret spacing is also surprising. The friction tuners were no big deal at all...I don't know what all the hubbub is over them. She was tuned and ready to play in minutes.

I am noticing what can only be described as "fingergrease" from the previous owner along the neck and fretboard...what would be the best way to clean it?

Overall, super happy about it, great deal, great instrument. I do feel like I'm cheating on my Mainland though. Anyone else ever feel that way?

great ukes, I got hold of one last month and I love it. Good luck with it - know what you mean about the Mainland too (got one of those also)

I do switch between them now though

Re the grease - ewwwww - dry cloth - absorbent tissue? If its the plastic fingerboard model like mine you cant really do too much damage

The friction tuners were no big deal at all...I don't know what all the hubbub is over them. She was tuned and ready to play in minutes.

Congratulations on a great score! How can you tell it's a 'she'?:confused:

I'm with you on the friction tuners, I can't imagine putting the pegHed$$ on a fluke.

I love my fluke and play it lots!

Congratulations! Those are cool ukes. One day I'd like one.
DAP

I bought a used concert flea recently. I agree that the space between frets seems huge comming from a soprano. Also agree that the tuners are good quality on these. Not sure what it is about these fluke/fleas but I love the sound it produces. So much so that I'm tempeted to buy a new one with a wood soundboard and fretboard....or maybe even send mine in for an upgrade (If they'll do it).

I bought a used concert flea recently. I agree that the space between frets seems huge comming from a soprano. Also agree that the tuners are good quality on these. Not sure what it is about these fluke/fleas but I love the sound it produces. So much so that I'm tempeted to buy a new one with a wood soundboard and fretboard....or maybe even send mine in for an upgrade (If they'll do it).

They'll definately do an upgrade if you contact them. If you have the money, I'd also recommend getting a koa-topped model. They're a lot pricier, but they sound really good, imo. I like the regular Flea I have, and it was def worth the money, but the koa Fluke blows it away. I love it.

I've always been interested and curious about flukes, I'm not sure for my style if it would be a wise choice, but I like the idea of having an indestructible uke that I can paint myself and stuff. I've only played concerts in person, which havent impressed me terribly, and I've pretty much decided that I'm a tenor person now. But I'd really like to try a tenor fluke, I need to make a day trip to LA or something to visit uke shops.

You can probably use 409 on the plastic fretboard. That should clean it up really well.

Have fun with the fluke!

I love my Fluke! Cheating on the Mainland? Look at it this way, it is a three way. If you had another Uke it would be an orgy. Congrats on the Fluke.

Top Bottom