Just emailed MGM

armytrucker77

Reaction score
I been hearing how great he is with customer and setup. So I emailed him for my next ukulele and all my uke needs. Hope to hear from him soon so I can see what he has.

I just called him yesterday to order a Christmas gift for my son (black Dolphin)

It's my 2nd order from MGM. The 1st order met with 100% satisfaction

I just called him yesterday to order a Christmas gift for my son (black Dolphin)

It's my 2nd order from MGM. The 1st order met with 100% satisfaction

Did the Dolphin come with the bag, tuner, and new strings, or just the Dolphin?

Did you get the link I posted to the other thread on this for Cecilia's music?

I been hearing how great he is with customer and setup. So I emailed him for my next ukulele and all my uke needs. Hope to hear from him soon so I can see what he has.

nice work trucker. MGM's reputation is enormous amongst uke dealers. Very hard to top his customer service. I've bought from him a couple of times and he has some serious knowledge to pass on. Plus, he often will throw in some added sweeteners to make the deal even better than it already is. happy shopping bro!!!

Yes. It was the black dolphin, with a case and tuner. I think I could of found it cheaper elsewhere, but I know my son will get a perfectly playable uke if I order from MGM. (I'm in Japan and son's in Minnesota. So I didn't want to worry about setup or problems.) This way, my son can just open it on Christmas, clip on the tuner, and start banging away :)

Hope to hear from him soon so I can see what he has.

Give him a call! He actually answers his phone, and you can speak to 'da man' in person.
He'll even play ukes over the phone so you can hear and decide.
Good luck with your new ukulele shopping!

Aloha Armytrucker77,
Congrat on your order and a very good choice to order from MGM...a very wise decision....Let us know when you get it, and what you got...keep us informed buddy!! MM Stan..
Have fun and enjoy!!! Happy strummings!!

I saw MGM about 12 days ago at his shop. He seemed in good spirits, he was happy as he had dropped some weight too. He is great person, and I'm glad we have hiim, wish he wasn't soooo far though..............Howie

This is what I've heard here, too. Keep us posted about your experience with MGM!

For the record, I only posted Cecilias music as a source because they will sell just the uke without the rest of the kit stuff. Mike does a great job. I have purchased 3 ukes from him, 2 makalas for friends and a higher end solid koa Kala for me. He did a great job on all three and there is a big difference between a cheap makalas with no setup and one setup with Aquila strings. Goes from a toy to a viable instrument.

I would have bought the 2 concerts from Mike instead of cecilias music as well and paid a bit more, but the kit price was too high and my goal was to get the ukes in as many hands as possible for a given dollar amount.

olgoat52 - actually, MGM will drop the tuners and books and whatnot if you ask him to, and the setup part is well worth the money so I don't consider that an "extra" (unless, of course, you can do it yourself). Actually, I can do it myself and I still regard it well worth the money to have somebody else do it! (There's a big difference between having the tools and knowledge to set up an instrument and enjoying setting up an instrument.)

BTW, you don't have to go through eBay to buy from him! :)

John

Youu just can't get any better service than from MGM. I have bought all my KoAlohas from him, and they all were received in perfect condition.

olgoat52 - actually, MGM will drop the tuners and books and whatnot if you ask him to, and the setup part is well worth the money so I don't consider that an "extra" (unless, of course, you can do it yourself). Actually, I can do it myself and I still regard it well worth the money to have somebody else do it! (There's a big difference between having the tools and knowledge to set up an instrument and enjoying setting up an instrument.)

John

I tried to buy one from him the other day with out the book, tuner, etc.... he would not do it.

John

Actually, I did ask and he wasn't interested which was fine. I did the setups and it took me a lot longer as I expected.

I tried to buy one from him the other day with out the book, tuner, etc.... he would not do it.
Really? Hmmm, must've been one of the other sellers that has a note to contact him if you want just the uke...

'Course, probably matters how much you're asking him to knock off the price, too. Realistically, those tuners and books probably don't cost him much of anything at wholesale.

John

nice work trucker. MGM's reputation is enormous amongst uke dealers. Very hard to top his customer service. I've bought from him a couple of times and he has some serious knowledge to pass on. Plus, he often will throw in some added sweeteners to make the deal even better than it already is. happy shopping bro!!!

This is very true...plus let him know you are a member at UU. He will most likely throw in something to sweeten the deal!!

SO far in 3 months I have set up 3 Ukes, an Appalachian dulcimer and tomorrow, an open C6 lap steel. I would say I now have experience, as one of the ukes was 90 years old....but if I want a uke that is going to do just what I tell it too I grab my wifes Lacewood, set up by Mike, because me in the man-cave for countless hours (probably 10 a piece at least) cant even touch that uke. If I could send him my Martin I would-the guy is magic.

Top Bottom