Been asked to play a pub Christmas special gig?

raecarter

Reaction score
Does anyone have the link to the pdf Christmas song book at all?

Sorry don't know the link but congrats on the x-mas gig.

Thanks all that's a great help I may not do a Xmas song but I'm playing for my daughters class at school too so they'll come in handy cheers

Just play what you feel like, they won't be listening. Oh! Insist on chicken wire in front of the stage. It's important to know where the back door is and that any alley ways are clear of debris. Wear trainers and make sure you have the ukulele case close by. Insist on being paid and given drinks up front. Alway carry protection (musicians at christmas always get the girl). Remember that her boyfriend is probably Big Rob at the end of the bar. Enjoy the experience......I did.

Anyone ever notice there aren't many easy Christmas songs?

Not on the song sheet linked above, no, but I don't recognise most of those songs. I think we sing different stuff up here in Canada. I find that despite the tendency of people who score Christmas music to get carried away with the chords--the standard Reader's Digest Merry Christmas Songbook being a case in point--a lot of the songs work perfectly well with four or five chords. I mean, yes, that Ab7-5 probably sounds awesome during that single beat in the bridge of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," but is it really, strictly speaking, necessary? If you want to get fancy and impress your friends, the fiddly chords are there waiting for you, but if you're accompanying a sing along or just belting out Christmas standards for your own enjoyment in the privacy of your apartment, the simple chords sound nice too.

Anyone ever notice there aren't many easy Christmas songs?

LOL! I just got off the phone with a friend who asked if I wanted to work up some Xmas songs for a gig. The first thing I said was, "Oh, great. I'll be ready with a few by next xmas. Those songs are tough!"

thejumpingflea I ain't :•}

Top Bottom