Looking for uke toons.

Kvowens89

Reaction score
Hey I just picked up my ukulele again and finally did what I wanted to do in the first place :learn somewhere over the rainbow/what a wonderful world. But now i want to play some Hawaiin themed songs, preferably awesome ones with no words. Just beautiful island music to relax to is what I'm thinking. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Aloha Kvowens89,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele...Check out and google tropicalstormhawaii....for awesome hawaiian songs..
Have fun and enjoy!! Happy Strummings....MM Stan

Thanks Stan! I've owned my ukulele for a long time but didn't have access to it. I started learning guitar and finally got my uke back and now I'm tearing into it again and loving it. I'm on that site you recommended now i just gotta sift through it and find what im looking for, thanks again!

Thanks guys :)
Uke I am digging that white sandy beach song. Do I have to tune a certain way for that?

And that is exactly the sound I'm looking for too so any other suggestions are very much appreciated!

Toons? Like WOW characters? Or cartoons? I suspect you mean the latter.

There are some modern ukulele cartoons, but not to many. In the 1930s there was a single-panel cartoon based on Ukulele Ike and you may be able to finda few of them in digital format online.

Ian, based on the converstaion I think the OP is referring to tunes or songs, just another slang speak, I think.

Thanks guys :)
Uke I am digging that white sandy beach song. Do I have to tune a certain way for that?

I play it in F with no detuning. The Bb to Bb min gives some players trouble, but a with little practice it becomes automatic (which is what practice does!). A good substitute is 3210 to 0110, gives it a jazzy feel and eliminates the barre chords. Try it out!

Last edited:
Ichadwick I meant to say "tunes" haha. You caught me, I had WoW on the brain. And sounds good I will mess around with those chords.

I play it in F with no detuning. The Bb to Bb min gives some players trouble, but a with little practice it becomes automatic (which is what practice does!). A good substitute is 3210 to 0110, gives it a jazzy feel and eliminates the barre chords. Try it out!

When you say F tuning what do I need to tune the strings to? I haven't messed around with tunings on my uke yet

When you say F tuning what do I need to tune the strings to? I haven't messed around with tunings on my uke yet

No I mean the key of F, with standard (re-entrant) tuning - GCEA. Bruddah Iz uses a low G. Now that I look at this vid again, he's playing the Bb as a Bb maj7 - 3210 - the substitute I mentioned, then Bb min with the barre.

Here's the Iz vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_YfyKahP-0

Here's a good play along in F
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS43EP1EXz4

I've been working on barre chords on my guitar so doing it in the uke is no problem at all haha. I've fallen in love with this song and I'm just now going to learn in. Thanks again for the suggestion. Got any others for me?

Top Bottom