UK Builders - spray can lacquers

Sounds great Pete! I can't wait to see your vid and finally learn how to get a decent spray can finish. I'm fine with using shellac and tru-oil for ukes and such, but we have a resonator guitar in the works and that's going to need a "real" paint job.....

You need the right can. If you get in touch with Behlens UK you can get a video on how to finish with their products which you may be able to get in Germany.

Thanks Pete. I'll definitely check out Behlens - I haven't seen their products here, but if we can't find them it's no problem to have things shipped from the UK.

Any suggestions for us Yanks. I'm true oiling the b-rosewood uke but the lacewood concert I wanted to lacquer to give it a harder finish.

I have been using spray lacquers from Guitar Reranch for years, all Fender and Gibson colors - nice stuff.

Behlens spray cans is what I used before I got a HVLP Sprayer. Good stuff. Now I use Nitrocellulose Laquer and tint it. StewMac.com has all that good stuff.

Mohawk (what I use) brands Behlens and other nitro lacquers. It's the same stuff. It's OK but McFaddens (Seagrave) is an even better lacquer. Available from LMII. Expensive but worth it IMO. I only wish I could get it over here.......

Top Bottom