My Two Ukes

Uncle Leroy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Well I have been into the ukulele now for about three weeks. I have received two new ukes, books and even joined a ukulele group right here on Okinawa. The group is called "Okilele" and can be found on Facebook. I got the Flea from music guy Mike and the Boulder Creek from another UU member. I am hooked! One of my friends is visiting Kaneohe next week. I am thinking of having him try and find me a Kamaka Tenor. Anyway, here is what I am starting out on.
Boulder Creek.jpgTiki King.jpg

Aloha Uncle Leroy,
Tell him to go and visit the kamaka Factory in town...550 south street....Honolulu, Hawaii 96813-5010 tele #808- 531-3165 mail@kamakahawaii.com
Nice two ukes you have..and buyng here in Hawaii ia alot cheaper than in Japan!! I hope it helps....MM Stan...

Last edited:
G'day Uncle

lovely two ukuleles to start the jouney with you mate. Your baggage is gonna get pretty heavy as you keep going though brother...

aaah, Uncle...don't really know how to beak this to you...3 weeks, 2 ukes...I fear you may be afflicted with the dreaded UAS virus...by my calculations that means by the end of next year if you maintain that ratio of acquisition, you will have approximately 41 ukes. I must say, Uncle, the prognosis isn't good for you...even our beloved bruddah Stan is only acquiring at the rate of 1 uke every 5 weeks, and they just added another postcode to the Honolulu district so they could help him store them all. Treatment? Alas Uncle, there is no known cure except to keep buying. 'Tis a thirst that can't be quenched; a lust that can't be tamed. ...hmmm, better take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning...

your (friendly) doctor eugene

THanks Doc,
Flying to Tokyo today to try and find some options. THere are a few good stores up there I hear.

Aloha Uncle Leroy, Nice looking ukes. I don't really care about uke styles other than traditional, but I do like the Tiki one...AWESOME!!!! Wishing you many happy moments with your ukes.............BO..........

Top Bottom